In case you missed it on Friday, celebrate the peak of summer with a gingery twist on a classic cocktail. The garnish of peach perfects this cool, bubbly beverage.
What you need:
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup white peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 bottle dry Champagne, chilled
- 8 slices white peach for garnish
What you do:
- In a small saucepan, combine ginger, sugar, and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain ginger syrup into a blender and add peaches. Blend until smooth. Pour 2 tablespoons purée into the bottom of eight Champagne glasses and top with Champagne. Garnish each glass with a peach slice.
Love vegan food and cooking
Get the BEST, editor-tested recipes inside every issue of