Makes 12 blondies
What you need:
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon egg replacer
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup safflower oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9-inch square pan. In a small bowl, combine water and egg replacer, and whisk for 1 minute or until very frothy. Add sugar, oil, and vanilla and whisk well to combine.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir well to combine then fold in almonds.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until top and edges appear dry and brown but center remains soft. Cut into 12 squares while still warm.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!