Serves 4 to 6
What you need:
- 4 large cucumbers, peeled and seeds removed, chopped into large pieces
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, and scooped out
- 3 medium garlic cloves
- 2 medium green bell peppers, chopped in large pieces
- 4 green onions, chopped in large pieces
- 2 cups water
- Juice of 1-1/2 lemons
- 1/3 small bunch fresh cilantro
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
What you do:
- Set aside a few sprigs of cilantro for garnish. In a food processor, add cucumber, avocado, garlic, peppers, and green onions. Blend until creamy, adding water a little at a time to reach desired consistency.
- Add lemon juice, cilantro, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Serve with paprika sprinkled on top and cilantro for garnish.
Chef’s Tip: If using a blender rather than a food processor, add the cucumbers slowly at first, blending as you go, so there’s a liquid base for the other ingredients.
Love vegan food and cooking
Get the BEST, editor-tested recipes inside every issue of