Makes 1 loaf
What you need:
- 1-1/4 cups soymilk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine the soymilk, vinegar, and oil in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until blended. Stir in the raisins. Add the soymilk mixture and mix well to make a stiff dough.
- Shape dough into a round loaf and place on a lightly-oiled baking sheet. Pat the top down slightly, then use a sharp knife to cut an X shape on top. Bake until golden brown, about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!