You Are 5 Minutes Away From Having the Perfect Vegan Winter Face
Get your seasonal glow in less time than it takes to brew your morning coffee.
If you’re anything like us, all you want come winter is moisture and an easy, rosy glow. Basically, we want to look the opposite of what winter can do to our faces if we don’t bathe it in a vial of oil every night. Once we lock down this hydration situation, the makeup goal is to do as little as possible to look alive and dewy (but not like we’re trying). Why? Because the time we don’t spend during December trying to perfect winged liner or contour like Kim K instead gets spent drinking vegan nog at holiday parties and cooking our way through The Edgy Veg: 138 Carnivore-Approved Vegan Recipes cookbook (hello, tomato bisque and grilled cheese combo!). To find out how to achieve the perfect five-minute face, we’re highlighting a few of our favorite vegan beauty products that helps us get a foolproof-but-fast winter glow.
We’re exploring a few different oils right now and loving WHYLD’s Youth Activating Elixir made with marula oil and Gaffer & Child’s argan-oil -based Hydrating Serum. A little bit of WHYLD’s new Dynamic Defense lotion, and we’re lubed up and ready to prime.
We’ve just not been that into sticky SPFs after discovering Coola’s Mineral SPF 30 Makeup Primer at natural beauty haven Credo. The product goes on like a slightly chalky primer and disappears like sun-protecting magic—the best of both worlds.
We’re not bothering with full-on foundation for this five-minute face. Instead, just a few strategic swipes of Arbonne’s new The Real Conceal Liquid Concealer under our eyes, around our noses, and wherever else is looking a little pinker than we’d like.
Our favorite new finds this season are One Over One’s Base Glow Sheer Light, which can go all over (but we use it like a traditional primer plus a generous swipe over eyelids), or Kjaer Weis’ solid Cream Highlighter (another Credo find). We started with cautious applications of both, but now we go wild to maximize that winter dewiness.
We’ve been using one little pot of Urban Decay Moondust eyeshadow in Diamond Dog after dark, and that’s it for serious nighttime dazzle. The product is buildable and sparkly in a way that doesn’t work for us during any other time of year.
Troublemaker is our new go-to for major lashes. In other words, it’s Diorshow gone vegan. The product is buildable, makes our lashes look fatter and longer, and doesn’t find its way underneath our eyes after 30 minutes like other vegan mascaras do.
To set everything, anywhere, we use La Bella Donna’s portable mineral SPF LBD powder in Sun because you can never have enough sun protection on your face (and because we know that some Botox and fillers aren't vegan).
We’ve been into Thrive Causemetics’ Triple Threat Color Stick for an easy, natural boost of color to lips and cheeks. Bonus points for being made with vitamin C and primrose oil for extra hydration.
We're Giving 5 Classic Films a Vegan Makeover
Classics such as Jaws, Dumbo, and King Kong would be so much better if they were filmed through a vegan lens.
Read More »
8 Vegan Foods Making the 2018 Food-Trend List
Plant-based foods have become the megatrend of the year thanks to innovative products taking up more space on grocery store shelves.
Read More »
Fall in Love With Niagara's Vegan Scene
World-famous natural landscapes and a diverse vegan cuisine await you in the Niagara region of Canada.
Read More »
If Trader Joe's Added These 11 Vegan Frozen Foods, We'd Never Have To Cook Again
Wed love Trader Joe s even more if the chain added vegan corn dogs, macaroni and cheese bites, and barbecue chicken pizza.
Read More »
8 Quirky Vegan Burritos To Make You Rethink Your Favorite Meal
From Asian-influenced and Greek to Indian and pizza-inspired, there are flavors from around the world waiting to be incorporated into your favorite tortilla.
Read More »
- If You're a Broke Vegan Student, Read This
- It's Time Your Dog Went Vegan
- 6 Tips for Losing Weight on a Vegan Diet
- You're 8 Steps Away from Setting a Vegan Easter Table
- Did You Know César Chávez Was Also an Animal-Rights Activist?
- 10 Medical Reasons to Skip the Eggs on Easter
- 5 Startup Food Companies About to Revolutionize Veganism
- This 10-Minute Documentary Is Showing How Children Are Embracing Veganism
- 10 Vegan Easter Candies We Want To Find in Our Easter Basket
- 10 Vegan Oatmeal Cups for the Person on the Go
- 8 Reasons to Forget Keto and Go Vegan
- Rise Against Adds Veganism to Its Politically Charged Music
- Meet the Vegan Anthropologist Changing Academia
- Vegan Food Will Be Served at the NFL Draft, Thanks to This Dallas Chef
- 5 Vegan Responses When Your Health Teacher Tells You to Eat Meat
- Vegan Self-Publishing in 4 Easy Steps
- Vegan St. Patricks Day 101
- It's Time You Talked to Your Parents About Your Veganism
- 5 Life Lessons I Learned in the Prison Garden
- The 10 Vegan Swag Bag Items That Will Make You Wish You Were Going to the Oscars