A Vegan Mothers Day Your Mom Will Love
Vegan brunch is just the beginning when organizing the best Mothers Day celebration ever.
If you think Mother's Day is just an excuse to sell greeting cards, you're only half right. Unlike most holidays, Mother's Day gives families the unique opportunity to celebrate the special bond between children and mothers, which if you ask us, is very deserving of annual—if not daily—recognition. This year, dazzle Mom with a rich, soul satisfying vegan brunch—trust us, she'll be thrilled that you took the time to prepare a homemade buffet of breakfast goodies. After washing down scrumptious strawberry French toast with perfectly mixed mimosas, pamper Mom even more with gifts ranging from the timeless, including chocolates and flowers to the extravagant, such as a gift certificate for an eco-spa retreat. Whatever your plans, remember that the most important part of Mother's Day is reminding Mom what an important and extraordinary person she truly is—greeting card optional.
Since Mom is obviously a champ, prepare to whip up a brunch spread truly fit for champions. Get energized for the day ahead by sipping cozy, comforting Irish Coffee topped with Whipped Cream and noshing on tasty Blueberry Scones—and that's just the appetizer. A classic brunch combo must include several essential side dishes and at least two mouthwatering main courses, striking the perfect balance between sweet and savory. Start by frying up breakfast favorites such as crispy Potato Pancakes and spicy Tempeh Sausage, and pair them with other stick-to-your-ribs standards including tantalizing Tofu Scramble and buttery Chive Biscuits covered in saucy, rustic Cashew Gravy. For a sincerely show-stopping centerpiece dish, look no further than fresh, fluffy French Toast covered in sweet Strawberry-Rhubarb Syrup. Now that you're officially Mom's favorite child, bring on dessert! If you're too stuffed to handle gooey Cinnamon Buns or rich, Parisian-inspired Vegan Crepes, then stick to light, chilled Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt—yes, on Mom's special day even yogurt should be indulgent.
Need some help planning a wonderful post-brunch day for Mom? Here are a few of our favorite ways to show Mom a splendid, stress-free afternoon. If you have a big family who wants to join in, throw a fabulous backyard soirée complete with live music, dancing, games, and even more delicious vegan food. For a smaller affair, plan a perfect spring picnic packed with vegan cheese and crackers, chilled white wine, and a deck of playing cards. For a more traditional take on Mother's Day fun, organize a fancy tea party and serve Mom's favorites as well as exotic, new flavors to charm her palate. For the most luxurious way to show mom a good time, plan an eco-spa escape, guaranteeing the ultimate rest and relaxation experience.
How to Throw the Ultimate Graduation Vegan Barbecue
Schools out for summer—or maybe even forever—so fire up the grill and treat yourself and your loved ones to the ultimate celebration.
Read More »
5 Ways to Celebrate a Vegan Mother's Day with Your Mom
Show your mom you love her with vegan food, gifts, and fun.
Read More »
7 Pampering Vegan Products That Say I Love You, Mom
This Mothers Day, say thanks to your mom by creating a relaxing environment that is ethical, cruelty-free, and aesthetically pleasing.
Read More »
Wicked Kitchen Chef Dishes on the Future of Vegan Food
Former Whole Foods UK chef Derek Sarno hops the pond to Tesco.
Read More »
Why Going Vegan Can Help You Relax
Are you someone who practices mindful meditation? If so, heres why you should be vegan (if you arent already).
Read More »
- 3 Vegan Prom Makeup Looks
- The Ex-Airline Pilot Behind New York's Favorite Vegan Burger
- 10 Vegan Oatmeal Cups for the Person on the Go
- 8 Vegan Etsy Stickers That Your Car, Laptop, and Water Bottle Need, Like, Yesterday
- This 10-Minute Documentary Is Showing How Children Are Embracing Veganism
- It's Time for Men to Get Over Their Fears of Being Vegan
- We're Giving 5 Classic Films a Vegan Makeover
- VegFest Puerto Rico Built Community and Mainstreamed Veganism
- 8 Vegan Foods Making the 2018 Food-Trend List
- Fall in Love With Niagara's Vegan Scene
- If Trader Joe's Made These 11 Frozen Foods Vegan, We'd Never Have To Cook Again
- 8 Quirky Vegan Burritos To Make You Rethink Your Favorite Meal
- If You're a Broke Vegan Student, Read This
- It's Time Your Dog Went Vegan
- 6 Tips for Losing Weight on a Vegan Diet
- You're 8 Steps Away from Setting a Vegan Easter Table
- Did You Know César Chávez Was Also an Animal-Rights Activist?
- 10 Medical Reasons to Skip the Eggs on Easter
- 5 Startup Food Companies About to Revolutionize Veganism
- 10 Vegan Easter Candies We Want To Find in Our Easter Basket