A Vegan Mothers Day Your Mom Will Love
Vegan brunch is just the beginning when organizing the best Mothers Day celebration ever.
If you think Mother's Day is just an excuse to sell greeting cards, you're only half right. Unlike most holidays, Mother's Day gives families the unique opportunity to celebrate the special bond between children and mothers, which if you ask us, is very deserving of annual—if not daily—recognition. This year, dazzle Mom with a rich, soul satisfying vegan brunch—trust us, she'll be thrilled that you took the time to prepare a homemade buffet of breakfast goodies. After washing down scrumptious strawberry French toast with perfectly mixed mimosas, pamper Mom even more with gifts ranging from the timeless, including chocolates and flowers to the extravagant, such as a gift certificate for an eco-spa retreat. Whatever your plans, remember that the most important part of Mother's Day is reminding Mom what an important and extraordinary person she truly is—greeting card optional.
Since Mom is obviously a champ, prepare to whip up a brunch spread truly fit for champions. Get energized for the day ahead by sipping cozy, comforting Irish Coffee topped with Whipped Cream and noshing on tasty Blueberry Scones—and that's just the appetizer. A classic brunch combo must include several essential side dishes and at least two mouthwatering main courses, striking the perfect balance between sweet and savory. Start by frying up breakfast favorites such as crispy Potato Pancakes and spicy Tempeh Sausage, and pair them with other stick-to-your-ribs standards including tantalizing Tofu Scramble and buttery Chive Biscuits covered in saucy, rustic Cashew Gravy. For a sincerely show-stopping centerpiece dish, look no further than fresh, fluffy French Toast covered in sweet Strawberry-Rhubarb Syrup. Now that you're officially Mom's favorite child, bring on dessert! If you're too stuffed to handle gooey Cinnamon Buns or rich, Parisian-inspired Vegan Crepes, then stick to light, chilled Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt—yes, on Mom's special day even yogurt should be indulgent.
Need some help planning a wonderful post-brunch day for Mom? Here are a few of our favorite ways to show Mom a splendid, stress-free afternoon. If you have a big family who wants to join in, throw a fabulous backyard soirée complete with live music, dancing, games, and even more delicious vegan food. For a smaller affair, plan a perfect spring picnic packed with vegan cheese and crackers, chilled white wine, and a deck of playing cards. For a more traditional take on Mother's Day fun, organize a fancy tea party and serve Mom's favorites as well as exotic, new flavors to charm her palate. For the most luxurious way to show mom a good time, plan an eco-spa escape, guaranteeing the ultimate rest and relaxation experience.
Why Going Vegan Can Help You Relax
Are you someone who practices mindful meditation? If so, heres why you should be vegan (if you arent already).
Read More »
Want Political Change? It's Time to Start Voting Vegan
Lets put ethical, moral, and environmentally conscious champions in government.
Read More »
5 Reasons Your Next Vacation Should Be Aboard the Vegan Holistic Holiday at Sea
A 10-night vegan cruise with healthy food and a plethora of plant-based celebs? Yes, please!
Read More »
How Do You Remember 100 Songs in 4 Days? For Pop-Punk Band Alkaline Trio, the Answer is Veganism
Matt Skiba says eschewing dairy helps with his voice and his on-stage energy level.
Read More »
5 Woman-Owned Vegan Businesses You Should Be Obsessed With
What's even better than a vegan business? A vegan business owned by a woman.
Read More »
- 6 Valentine's Day Gifts for that Vegan Curmudgeon in Your Life
- 6 Red-Hot Vegan Lipsticks To Drive Your Valentine Crazy
- How a Vegan Canadian Figure Skater Prepared to Win Gold at the Winter Olympics
- How to Be a Vegan Teen Valentine
- Vegan Valentine's Day Tips From No. 1 Best-Selling Author Kathy Freston
- 5 Vegan Turmeric Recipes for Those Who Are Slightly Intimidated by It
- How A Vegan Diet is Making ''Everything'' Easier for One Punk Singer
- Your Meat-Eating Friends Want One of These 10 Vegan Books
- 7 Ways to Veganize Your Bed, Just in Time for Valentine's Day
- 5 Steps to the Perfect Vegan Valentine's Day
- 8 Love-Infused Vegan Events to Celebrate Valentine's Day
- Thanks to These 7 Vegan Pies, We Have Declared National Pizza Day a Holiday
- No Valentine This Year? Try Vegan Speed Dating
- 6 Ways to Queer Your Vegan Valentine's Day
- Bought Too Many Vegan Girl Scout Cookies? Here are 10 Desserts You Should Make With Them
- Glow Up With These 18 Vegan Beauty Brands in 2018
- How One Chef is Getting NFL Players to Go Vegan
- From Struggling for Breath to Running Marathons: Veganism Saved His Life
- 6 Badass Vegan Women Who Don't Take Any Sh*t
- 10 Vegan Chip and Dip Match-Ups Fit For A Super Bowl Smackdown