Throw a Vegan Baby Shower Bash in 4 Easy Steps
Throw the perfect baby shower bash with the help of VNs must-read guide.
For some, the idea of a baby shower may call up the sweet sound of a baby’s coo and visions of daffodils. For others, the sheer mention of the two words together might trigger PTSD-like symptoms, haunted by towering diaper cakes and chocolate melted to look like baby doo-doo. Either way, chances are if you’re veg, you might need a little help planning a beautiful, non-lame baby shower. So tell the mom-to-be to relax, VegNews has the planning done.
Like all parties, baby showers can be thrown with any theme you like. Stay away from decorations that will head straight to the dumpster after the party, such as balloons, paper plates, and crepe paper streamers. Instead, try embellishing with natural elements, such as organic flowers, or stack fruit from your local farmers’ market in vases. For a little something to spread on the table, vegan jellybeans are a sweet alternative to confetti. Once the party-planning wheels are turning, send out the invites—three weeks in advance to leave guests plenty of time to RSVP. For a unique take on the recycled paper invitation, try seed cards, like these from Bloomin’—the guests can plant the card after its arrival and watch it blossom.
What’s on the menu for your shower is nearly as important as Mom herself. If you’re aiming for elegance, try hosting an afternoon tea. Cucumber finger sandwiches are an easy and refreshing way to provide some lightness to a meal. If you’re looking for something a little more substantial, try the white bean bruschetta or California sushi rolls. Orange sugar cookies, pear and fig tarts or vanilla cupcakes with chocolate glaze are all sure to satisfy maternity cravings, and those of your guests as well.
There are plenty of fun baby shower pastimes to entertain your guests. Rather than signing a guest book, have an organic cotton onesie, like this one from Sweet Spud, for guests to sign with puff paint. Or have a onesie for each guest to personalize for Mom and baby. For more good wishes for the baby, use a larger flower or plant as a “wishing tree.” Supply guests with small, recycled paper leaves on which they can write wishes for the baby and safety pin to the plant.
For a mom-to-be, it can be a lifesaver to be showered with baby gifts to help her through the first few months of life with the little one. Luckily there are plenty of vegan and organic products out there for vegan babies. What’s cuter than vegan baby shoes? Or spring for organic baby clothes, such as this bunch that comes wrapped like flowers. To cut back on waste from wrapping paper, wrap your presents in baby blankets. For goodie bags, try vegan lip balm that you can personalize to commemorate the date of the shower.
7 Vegan & Cruelty-free Beauty YouTubers
Whether youre a makeup novice, an expert, or somewhere in between, these cruelty-free vegan beauty gurus have the products and insights you need to glow up.
Read More »
6 Libido-Enhancing Vegan Foods
Every day can be Valentines Day with libido-enhancing fruit, vegetables, nuts, and herbs.
Read More »
5 Things You Learn After Veg Speed Dating
Meeting vegan singles is fun—and only slightly awkward.
Read More »
How to Combat the USDA's Animal Welfare Blackout
The government just made it nearly impossible to track the abuse of millions of animals used in laboratories each year. VegNews speaks to Beagle Freedom Project founder Shannon Keith to find out what we can do to weather the blow.
Read More »
6 Things to Know about Fat Shaming Among Vegans
Sometimes, questionable intentions and misguided attitudes can collide in the form of discrimination, but theres hope for us yet.
Read More »
- VegNews Top 8 Ways to Celebrate Valentines Day
- 4 Tips for Nurturing a Great Vegan Romance
- 5 Dreamy Vegan Valentine's Day Proposals
- 6 Ways to Queer Your Vegan Valentines Day
- 9 Movie-and-Food Combinations for the Single Vegan on Valentines Day
- 6 Ways to Woo a Vegan Girl Online
- Animals in Love: 5 Species That Commit
- 6 Books Changing Veganism in 2017
- 5 Dating Tips from a Vegan Dating Expert
- 5 Heart Health Tips from Plant-Based Medical Pros
- 5 Ways to Heat Up Your Sex Life on Valentines Day
- 12 Vegan Non-Food Gifts to Woo Your Sweetheart This Valentines Day
- 4 Ways to Find Love as a Vegan Using Mobile Apps
- 10 Vegan Game Day Cocktails
- 10 Vegan Chip and Dip Match-Ups Fit For A Super Bowl Smackdown
- An Interview with the Worlds Longest-Running Cat Whisperer
- Top 10 Vegan Body Oils in Stores Now
- 5 Ways 2016 Completely Changed Veganism
- 3 Things Ive Learned Since Working with Chickens
- The VegNews Guide to Vegan Girl Scout Cookies