Throw a Vegan Baby Shower Bash in 4 Easy Steps
Throw the perfect baby shower bash with the help of VNs must-read guide.
For some, the idea of a baby shower may call up the sweet sound of a baby’s coo and visions of daffodils. For others, the sheer mention of the two words together might trigger PTSD-like symptoms, haunted by towering diaper cakes and chocolate melted to look like baby doo-doo. Either way, chances are if you’re veg, you might need a little help planning a beautiful, non-lame baby shower. So tell the mom-to-be to relax, VegNews has the planning done.
Like all parties, baby showers can be thrown with any theme you like. Stay away from decorations that will head straight to the dumpster after the party, such as balloons, paper plates, and crepe paper streamers. Instead, try embellishing with natural elements, such as organic flowers, or stack fruit from your local farmers’ market in vases. For a little something to spread on the table, vegan jellybeans are a sweet alternative to confetti. Once the party-planning wheels are turning, send out the invites—three weeks in advance to leave guests plenty of time to RSVP. For a unique take on the recycled paper invitation, try seed cards, like these from Bloomin’—the guests can plant the card after its arrival and watch it blossom.
What’s on the menu for your shower is nearly as important as Mom herself. If you’re aiming for elegance, try hosting an afternoon tea. Cucumber finger sandwiches are an easy and refreshing way to provide some lightness to a meal. If you’re looking for something a little more substantial, try the white bean bruschetta or California sushi rolls. Orange sugar cookies, pear and fig tarts or vanilla cupcakes with chocolate glaze are all sure to satisfy maternity cravings, and those of your guests as well.
There are plenty of fun baby shower pastimes to entertain your guests. Rather than signing a guest book, have an organic cotton onesie, like this one from Sweet Spud, for guests to sign with puff paint. Or have a onesie for each guest to personalize for Mom and baby. For more good wishes for the baby, use a larger flower or plant as a “wishing tree.” Supply guests with small, recycled paper leaves on which they can write wishes for the baby and safety pin to the plant.
For a mom-to-be, it can be a lifesaver to be showered with baby gifts to help her through the first few months of life with the little one. Luckily there are plenty of vegan and organic products out there for vegan babies. What’s cuter than vegan baby shoes? Or spring for organic baby clothes, such as this bunch that comes wrapped like flowers. To cut back on waste from wrapping paper, wrap your presents in baby blankets. For goodie bags, try vegan lip balm that you can personalize to commemorate the date of the shower.
10 Vegan Oatmeal Cups for the Person on the Go
Plant-based oatmeal cups let you begin your day in a quick and delicious manner.
Read More »
8 Vegan Etsy Stickers That Your Car, Laptop, and Water Bottle Need, Like, Yesterday
Affordable and long-lasting, stickers are a great way to help spread the vegan message.
Read More »
This 10-Minute Documentary Is Showing How Children Are Embracing Veganism
Eight-year-old Elias ran a lemonade stand to raise money for a rescued sheep.
Read More »
It's Time for Men to Get Over Their Fears of Being Vegan
Many men are reluctant to go vegan for irrational reasons. Were here to fix that problem.
Read More »
We're Giving 5 Classic Films a Vegan Makeover
Classics such as Jaws, Dumbo, and King Kong would be so much better if they were filmed through a vegan lens.
Read More »
- 8 Vegan Foods Making the 2018 Food-Trend List
- Fall in Love With Niagara's Vegan Scene
- If Trader Joe's Added These 11 Vegan Frozen Foods, We'd Never Have To Cook Again
- 8 Quirky Vegan Burritos To Make You Rethink Your Favorite Meal
- If You're a Broke Vegan Student, Read This
- It's Time Your Dog Went Vegan
- 6 Tips for Losing Weight on a Vegan Diet
- You're 8 Steps Away from Setting a Vegan Easter Table
- Did You Know César Chávez Was Also an Animal-Rights Activist?
- 10 Medical Reasons to Skip the Eggs on Easter
- 5 Startup Food Companies About to Revolutionize Veganism
- 10 Vegan Easter Candies We Want To Find in Our Easter Basket
- Rise Against Adds Veganism to Its Politically Charged Music
- 8 Reasons to Forget Keto and Go Vegan
- Meet the Vegan Anthropologist Changing Academia
- Vegan Food Will Be Served at the NFL Draft, Thanks to This Dallas Chef
- 5 Vegan Responses When Your Health Teacher Tells You to Eat Meat
- Vegan Self-Publishing in 4 Easy Steps
- Vegan St. Patricks Day 101
- It's Time You Talked to Your Parents About Your Veganism