9 Must-Have Vegan Cosmetics Picks
Before you gloss your lips, bronze your cheeks, or darken your lashes, make sure your makeup has a solid (vegan) foundation.
The glitz and glamour of cosmetics is not as easy breezy as you may think. While numerous cosmetics companies have stopped testing on animals or have remained cruelty-free, many other companies have not yet adopted this policy (even after Elle Woods beseeched Congress to pass a bill banning it). Additionally, many US-based cosmetic companies have abandoned their principles in order to enter the Chinese market where animal testing is mandatory, but big profits are theirs for the taking. Wondering what new ethical makeup to stock up on now? The following companies offer balms, liners, and shadows that will keep you looking your best, without compromising your values.
To achieve the look of a glowing goddess, 100% Pure’s Fruit Pigmented Tinted Moisturizer is the way to go. This company prides itself on being 100-percent natural, 100-percent vegan, and 100-percent gluten-free. Pigments of peach, cocoa bean, cucumber juice, and cinnamon are some of the few wholesome ingredients packed inside the bottles. After just one small pump and effortless application, your skin will look smoother and brighter than ever before. But what do you do when you run into the age-old beauty quandary and need to go powder your nose? Ecco Bella has the ultimate FlowerColor Face Powder to keep handy in your purse at your convenience. The talc-free powder comes in four shades to match to your skin tone perfectly, and will never fail to absorb any unwanted oil.
Want to play up your pretty cheekbones? Look no further than Tarte Cosmetics’ Maracuja Blush & Glow Brightening Luminizer and Cheek Tint. The two-in-one product allows you to enhance the look of your complexion and create a dewy glow and also make your cheekbones pop. This product can also be applied to bare skin when you are on the go for a low-key, low-maintenance look. If you’d rather your face look sun-kissed, Bare Escentuals’ award-winning bareMinerals READY Bronzer is the perfect way to add some faux sun to your cheeks. Of course, this product can be brushed all over your face, but for a subtle, summer look, a light dusting across your cheekbones and the bridge of your nose will do the trick.
For a super-pigmented blast of color on your lids, Urban Decay has created the perfect line of shadows. With colors ranging from deep mocha to mermaid blue shimmer, your lids will always align with your whims. To add some definition to your eyes, Urban Decay also makes a great eye pencil that stays put for as long as you need it to. The 24/7 Glide-On Pencil comes in 15 vegan colors to please all personalities and suit all occasions. To complete an eye-catching look, Gabriel Cosmetics, Inc.’s ZuZu Luxe Mascara is your best bet for long, thick, sweeping lashes.
Lip Tar by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics is the lovechild of the classic matte lipstick and modern lip gloss, and beauty editors can’t get enough of it. The greatest part about this product is that it is extremely concentrated; a little really does go a long way. The second greatest thing? It feels weightless on your lips. But before you complete your fresh, polished face with some long-lasting lip color, hydrate your pout with Stark Skincare’s Grapefruit Cleanse + Hydrate Balm. Rich in natural shea fruit butter, raw organic cocoa butter, and essential oils, your lips will look lovely in the nude or under some sherbet-colored Cha Cha Lip Tar.
As you can see, there are still plenty of fabulous cosmetic companies out there that aim to please their customer’s beauty wishes while still caring for animals with the utmost compassion. Now go and give yourself a fabulous makeover.
5 Vegan Responses When Your Health Teacher Tells You to Eat Meat
If youre a vegan high school student, health class just might be the hardest course to pass.
Read More »
Vegan Self-Publishing in 4 Easy Steps
Share your work with the world, and spread the vegan message? Yes, and yes.
Read More »
Vegan St. Patricks Day 101
Learn about St. Pattys Day parades, vegan food and drinks, and the man who started it all.
Read More »
You're 8 Steps Away from Setting a Vegan Easter Table
This year, set your Easter table with cruelty-free plates, faux-grass runners, eggless-eggs, and compostable dessert plates.
Read More »
It's Time You Talked to Your Parents About Your Veganism
They might not understand at first, but with the help of documentaries and delicious meals, your parents will understand that your veganism is more than just a fad.
Read More »
- 5 Life Lessons I Learned in the Prison Garden
- The 10 Vegan Swag Bag Items That Will Make You Wish You Were Going to the Oscars
- Want to Make Sure Your College Choice Is as Vegan as You Are? Here's How
- 8 Vegan Etsy Stickers That Your Car, Laptop, and Water Bottle Need, Like, Yesterday
- Rapper Styles P's Juice Shops are Introducing More Hip-Hop Fans to Plant-Based Living
- Cafeterias Across the Country are Going Vegan. Here's Why ...
- We'd Love These 10 Celebs Even More if They Went Vegan
- Why Going Vegan Can Help You Relax
- Want Political Change? It's Time to Start Voting Vegan
- A Vegan Teen Guide to Ordering Food at Non-Vegan Restaurants
- 5 Reasons Your Next Vacation Should Be Aboard the Vegan Holistic Holiday at Sea
- How Do You Remember 100 Songs in 4 Days? For Pop-Punk Band Alkaline Trio, the Answer is Veganism
- 5 Woman-Owned Vegan Businesses You Should Be Obsessed With
- 6 Valentine's Day Gifts for that Vegan Curmudgeon in Your Life
- 6 Red-Hot Vegan Lipsticks To Drive Your Valentine Crazy
- How a Vegan Canadian Figure Skater Prepared to Win Gold at the Winter Olympics
- How to Be a Vegan Teen Valentine
- Vegan Valentine's Day Tips From No. 1 Best-Selling Author Kathy Freston
- 5 Vegan Turmeric Recipes for Those Who Are Slightly Intimidated by It
- How A Vegan Diet is Making ''Everything'' Easier for One Punk Singer