VN Recipe Round Up: 7 Fall Favorites
Warm up to the autumn season with these delicious, decadent dishes that are sure to brighten any fall celebration.
Fall is our favorite time of year for many reasons: colorful leaves, football, pumpkin soy lattes, and fluffy plant-based fiber hats with the funny, fuzzy ball on top––just to name a few. But if we’re being truly honest with ourselves, we love this holiday season because of all the culinary indulgences that goes along with it. Every meal is a celebration of all things hearty and decadent, lovely and warm. Here are seven of our favorite fall favorite recipes to enjoy with your loved ones (or with a large spoon by yourself. We won’t tell!)
1. Maple-Stuffed Sweet Potato
Does it get any more autumnal than maple syrup, sweet potatoes, and tempeh bacon? There’s a dash of liquid smoke in this Maple-Stuffed Sweet Potato recipe from vegan food blogger and author Kathy Patalsky just for good measure.
2. Apple Enchiladas
Autumn is apple-picking season and if we had to pick––we’d choose to have our apples doused in cinnamon-sugar sweetness, folded between warm, fluffy tortillas, and buried beneath a mound of ice cream. Well, hello there Apple Enchiladas from dessert genius Chocolate Covered Katie.
3. Quinoa Cauliflower Briyani
As the cool autumn breeze rolls in, we’ll replace our summer shorts with wool-free hats and scarves, and our beloved quinoa salads will give way to a warm bowl of Quinoa Cauliflower Briyani. Bursting with spicy, herby flavor, the mild nutty hint of cauliflower is livened with serrano peppers, cardamom, and ginger.
4. Garlicky Butternut Squash Sandwich
Garlic, you may be one we stay away from for date night, but when it comes time to curl up on the couch with a plate in our lap and a movie on TV, you bet it’s Vegan Yack Attack’s simple, savory Garlicky Butternut Squash Sandwich we’re biting into. Topped with arugula and Veganaise, this is comfort food done right.
5. Raw Chocolate Pumpkin Pie Cup
Sometimes we want to indulge in rich chocolate cups but without any of the unhealthy guilt that comes with sweet snacking––cue Fragrant Vanilla Cake’s Raw Chocolate Pumpkin Cup with a medjool date naturally sweetened crust encasing a carrot center (yep, carrot! Though pumpkin can also be used).
6. Quick and Fragrant Coconut Soup
Move over summer gazpacho, it’s hot soup time and we’re totally excited to sip, slurp, and soothe our upcoming winter blues with a hearty bowl of coconut soup from Olives for Dinner. Toasted sesame oil adds warmth to the shallots-shiitake mushroom combo, and raw, bright red cherry tomatoes add a pop of color and flavor.
7. Smoky Pumpkin Grits
Who says grits are a strictly breakfast food––especially when simmered with smoky, savory pumpkin, paprika, and a hearty helping of nooch? Fresh sage leaves are used for garnish and the recipe also calls for roma tomatoes with pumpkin grits topped with maple-roasted pepitas for a full-on fall meal. We approve.
A Romantic Valentine's Dinner for Two
This Valentines Day, treat your sweetheart to a memorable gourmet meal with these recipes from our favorite chefs.
Read More »
VegNews Guide to Vegan Vietnamese Food
From pho to bánh mì sandwiches, Vietnamese cuisine offers a range of veg-friendly options.
Read More »
Spicy Cauliflower Steak with Miso Sauce
Cauliflower, miso, and sriracha combine for an instant classic.
Read More »
Dear Vegan Food, Love VegNews
Vulnerable, emotionally naked, and forever longing, the VegNews staff has written love letters to some of our favorite plant-based foods.
Read More »
3 Raw Vegan Desserts for Valentine's Day
Show how much you love someone with these three sweet treats from raw recipe guru Amy Lyons of Fragrant Vanilla Cake.
Read More »
- Valentine's Day Giveaway: Vegan Raspberry Macaroons
- Eat These 7 Vegan Foods for the Best Valentines Day (and Night) Ever
- 25 Best Vegan Food Finds at Target
- 7 Vegan Super Bowl Recipes That Rule
- Healthy Super Bowl Snack Hacks
- 10 Healthful Foods You Should Be Eating Right Now
- 4 Mouthwatering Vegan Super Bowl Recipes
- 9 Sources of Vegan Protein to Get You Ripped
- 5 Vegan Foods for a Healthy Immune System
- 5 Kitchen Staples Every Vegan Should Have
- VegNews Guide to the Winter Farmers' Market
- 10 Creative Ways to Use Nut Butters
- National Peanut Butter Day, Vegans, & Bachelors
- Macrobiotics 101
- 6 Surprising Ways to Get Vitamin C
- The #1 Way to Make Sure You Eat Your Greens First
- Four Fun Ways to Incorporate Matcha into Your Meals
- The Vegan Baristas Guide to Healthy Starbucks Drinks
- 6 Vegan Superfoods to Eat Now
- 10 Vegan Drink Recipes for New Years Eve