VN Recipe Round Up: 7 Fall Favorites
Warm up to the autumn season with these delicious, decadent dishes that are sure to brighten any fall celebration.
Fall is our favorite time of year for many reasons: colorful leaves, football, pumpkin soy lattes, and fluffy plant-based fiber hats with the funny, fuzzy ball on top––just to name a few. But if we’re being truly honest with ourselves, we love this holiday season because of all the culinary indulgences that goes along with it. Every meal is a celebration of all things hearty and decadent, lovely and warm. Here are seven of our favorite fall favorite recipes to enjoy with your loved ones (or with a large spoon by yourself. We won’t tell!)
1. Maple-Stuffed Sweet Potato
Does it get any more autumnal than maple syrup, sweet potatoes, and tempeh bacon? There’s a dash of liquid smoke in this Maple-Stuffed Sweet Potato recipe from vegan food blogger and author Kathy Patalsky just for good measure.
2. Apple Enchiladas
Autumn is apple-picking season and if we had to pick––we’d choose to have our apples doused in cinnamon-sugar sweetness, folded between warm, fluffy tortillas, and buried beneath a mound of ice cream. Well, hello there Apple Enchiladas from dessert genius Chocolate Covered Katie.
3. Quinoa Cauliflower Briyani
As the cool autumn breeze rolls in, we’ll replace our summer shorts with wool-free hats and scarves, and our beloved quinoa salads will give way to a warm bowl of Quinoa Cauliflower Briyani. Bursting with spicy, herby flavor, the mild nutty hint of cauliflower is livened with serrano peppers, cardamom, and ginger.
4. Garlicky Butternut Squash Sandwich
Garlic, you may be one we stay away from for date night, but when it comes time to curl up on the couch with a plate in our lap and a movie on TV, you bet it’s Vegan Yack Attack’s simple, savory Garlicky Butternut Squash Sandwich we’re biting into. Topped with arugula and Veganaise, this is comfort food done right.
5. Raw Chocolate Pumpkin Pie Cup
Sometimes we want to indulge in rich chocolate cups but without any of the unhealthy guilt that comes with sweet snacking––cue Fragrant Vanilla Cake’s Raw Chocolate Pumpkin Cup with a medjool date naturally sweetened crust encasing a carrot center (yep, carrot! Though pumpkin can also be used).
6. Quick and Fragrant Coconut Soup
Move over summer gazpacho, it’s hot soup time and we’re totally excited to sip, slurp, and soothe our upcoming winter blues with a hearty bowl of coconut soup from Olives for Dinner. Toasted sesame oil adds warmth to the shallots-shiitake mushroom combo, and raw, bright red cherry tomatoes add a pop of color and flavor.
7. Smoky Pumpkin Grits
Who says grits are a strictly breakfast food––especially when simmered with smoky, savory pumpkin, paprika, and a hearty helping of nooch? Fresh sage leaves are used for garnish and the recipe also calls for roma tomatoes with pumpkin grits topped with maple-roasted pepitas for a full-on fall meal. We approve.
VegNews Exclusive: Top Tips for An All-Star Vegan Brunch
We talked to veganisms top culinary experts for advice on how to enhance your brunch experience.
Read More »
Celebrate Spring with a Vegan Twist
Put a progressive spin on holiday traditions without foregoing the festive feelings of the season.
Read More »
Guide to Vegan Passover Seder
Get down with the Haggadah, gulp Kosher wine, find the afikoman, and enjoy grub from the old country.
Read More »
11 Spicy Vegan Dishes for Hot Sauce Lovers
Turn the heat up—all the way up—with these scrumptiously spicy recipes that are also meat- and dairy-free.
Read More »
Zombie-Free French Toast
The duo behind The Vegan Zombie fame share their go-to recipe for French Toast—zombies not included.
Read More »
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Adopt Esther the Wonder Pig
- A Day in the Life: Vedge Chef Rich Landau
- 3 Gluten-Free Seasonal Springtime Dishes
- Colleen Holland: My Top 10 Favorite Vegan Beauty Brands
- 13 Stellar Vegan Jackfruit Recipes
- Vegan St. Patricks Day 101
- The Best Vegan Brunch Youll Ever Eat
- Colleen Hollands 15 Most-Anticipated Vegan Cookbooks of 2014
- Everything You Need to Know About Juicing
- It's Never Too Late to Go Vegan
- A Guide to Vegan Sweeteners
- Your Valentine on Veganism: An Infographic
- How to Date a Vegan
- Three-Course Vegan Dinner for Two
- 8 Delicious Vegan Aphrodisiacs
- 4 Mouth-Watering Vegan Super Bowl Recipes
- The VegNews Guide to Vegan Beer
- Girl Scout Cookies Veganized!
- Colleen Holland: My Top 10 Favorite Vegan Foods in 2014
- VegNews Exclusive: Q&A with The Cooking Channels Jason Wrobel