VN Recipe Round Up: 7 Fall Favorites
Warm up to the autumn season with these delicious, decadent dishes that are sure to brighten any fall celebration.
Fall is our favorite time of year for many reasons: colorful leaves, football, pumpkin soy lattes, and fluffy plant-based fiber hats with the funny, fuzzy ball on top––just to name a few. But if we’re being truly honest with ourselves, we love this holiday season because of all the culinary indulgences that goes along with it. Every meal is a celebration of all things hearty and decadent, lovely and warm. Here are seven of our favorite fall favorite recipes to enjoy with your loved ones (or with a large spoon by yourself. We won’t tell!)
1. Maple-Stuffed Sweet Potato
Does it get any more autumnal than maple syrup, sweet potatoes, and tempeh bacon? There’s a dash of liquid smoke in this Maple-Stuffed Sweet Potato recipe from vegan food blogger and author Kathy Patalsky just for good measure.
2. Apple Enchiladas
Autumn is apple-picking season and if we had to pick––we’d choose to have our apples doused in cinnamon-sugar sweetness, folded between warm, fluffy tortillas, and buried beneath a mound of ice cream. Well, hello there Apple Enchiladas from dessert genius Chocolate Covered Katie.
3. Quinoa Cauliflower Briyani
As the cool autumn breeze rolls in, we’ll replace our summer shorts with wool-free hats and scarves, and our beloved quinoa salads will give way to a warm bowl of Quinoa Cauliflower Briyani. Bursting with spicy, herby flavor, the mild nutty hint of cauliflower is livened with serrano peppers, cardamom, and ginger.
4. Garlicky Butternut Squash Sandwich
Garlic, you may be one we stay away from for date night, but when it comes time to curl up on the couch with a plate in our lap and a movie on TV, you bet it’s Vegan Yack Attack’s simple, savory Garlicky Butternut Squash Sandwich we’re biting into. Topped with arugula and Veganaise, this is comfort food done right.
5. Raw Chocolate Pumpkin Pie Cup
Sometimes we want to indulge in rich chocolate cups but without any of the unhealthy guilt that comes with sweet snacking––cue Fragrant Vanilla Cake’s Raw Chocolate Pumpkin Cup with a medjool date naturally sweetened crust encasing a carrot center (yep, carrot! Though pumpkin can also be used).
6. Quick and Fragrant Coconut Soup
Move over summer gazpacho, it’s hot soup time and we’re totally excited to sip, slurp, and soothe our upcoming winter blues with a hearty bowl of coconut soup from Olives for Dinner. Toasted sesame oil adds warmth to the shallots-shiitake mushroom combo, and raw, bright red cherry tomatoes add a pop of color and flavor.
7. Smoky Pumpkin Grits
Who says grits are a strictly breakfast food––especially when simmered with smoky, savory pumpkin, paprika, and a hearty helping of nooch? Fresh sage leaves are used for garnish and the recipe also calls for roma tomatoes with pumpkin grits topped with maple-roasted pepitas for a full-on fall meal. We approve.
6 Vegan Superfoods to Eat Now
Start 2015 off right by ditching the vegan junk food and raiding the produce section.
Read More »
7 Steps to Becoming a Healthier Vegan
Eating more cupcakes and cheese than fresh fruit and greens? Listen to these simple bites of advice.
Read More »
31 Changes in 31 Days
A handy guide to a complete health overhaul in just one month!
Read More »
The Top 15 Vegan Instagram Photos of 2014
From exciting new products to mouthwatering meals, countless great moments were captured on Instagram in 2014. Here are your favorites. Here are your favorites.
Read More »
The Top 15 Stories of 2014
Want to know the hottest vegan lifestyle stories of 2014? Here are your top 15 favorite reads of the year.
Read More »
- Israeli Army to Offer Vegan Meals and Leather-Free Boots
- Millennium Named "Restaurant of the Year"
- The Top 15 Vegan Recipes of 2014
- Earth Balance Named "Company of the Year"
- DIY Vegan Holiday Gifts
- The 2014 Veggie Awards
- 4 Easy Vegan Sides Your Entire Family Will Love
- Thanksgiving Salad with Cranberries, Apples, & Caramelized Pecans
- Robin Robertson: My Top 10 Vegan Dishes Around the World
- 3 Vegan Thanksgiving Sides from the Experts
- 10 Downright Delicious Dessert Thanksgiving Recipes
- 3 Simple Timelines for a Stress-Free Vegan Thanksgiving
- The Ultimate Vegan Halloween Party Tips & Menu
- 5 Mouthwatering Vegan Pumpkin Recipes
- The 2014 VegNews Guide to Vegan Halloween Candy
- How to Make Tofu: A Step-by-Step Photo Guide
- How to Date a Meat-Eater
- Vegan Weddings 2014: Laura Robeson & Danielle Davis
- Vegan Weddings 2014: Alison Longley & Theodore Ross Butler
- Everything You Need to Know About Juicing