VN Recipe Round Up: 7 Fall Favorites
Warm up to the autumn season with these delicious, decadent dishes that are sure to brighten any fall celebration.
Fall is our favorite time of year for many reasons: colorful leaves, football, pumpkin soy lattes, and fluffy plant-based fiber hats with the funny, fuzzy ball on top––just to name a few. But if we’re being truly honest with ourselves, we love this holiday season because of all the culinary indulgences that goes along with it. Every meal is a celebration of all things hearty and decadent, lovely and warm. Here are seven of our favorite fall favorite recipes to enjoy with your loved ones (or with a large spoon by yourself. We won’t tell!)
1. Maple-Stuffed Sweet Potato
Does it get any more autumnal than maple syrup, sweet potatoes, and tempeh bacon? There’s a dash of liquid smoke in this Maple-Stuffed Sweet Potato recipe from vegan food blogger and author Kathy Patalsky just for good measure.
2. Apple Enchiladas
Autumn is apple-picking season and if we had to pick––we’d choose to have our apples doused in cinnamon-sugar sweetness, folded between warm, fluffy tortillas, and buried beneath a mound of ice cream. Well, hello there Apple Enchiladas from dessert genius Chocolate Covered Katie.
3. Quinoa Cauliflower Briyani
As the cool autumn breeze rolls in, we’ll replace our summer shorts with wool-free hats and scarves, and our beloved quinoa salads will give way to a warm bowl of Quinoa Cauliflower Briyani. Bursting with spicy, herby flavor, the mild nutty hint of cauliflower is livened with serrano peppers, cardamom, and ginger.
4. Garlicky Butternut Squash Sandwich
Garlic, you may be one we stay away from for date night, but when it comes time to curl up on the couch with a plate in our lap and a movie on TV, you bet it’s Vegan Yack Attack’s simple, savory Garlicky Butternut Squash Sandwich we’re biting into. Topped with arugula and Veganaise, this is comfort food done right.
5. Raw Chocolate Pumpkin Pie Cup
Sometimes we want to indulge in rich chocolate cups but without any of the unhealthy guilt that comes with sweet snacking––cue Fragrant Vanilla Cake’s Raw Chocolate Pumpkin Cup with a medjool date naturally sweetened crust encasing a carrot center (yep, carrot! Though pumpkin can also be used).
6. Quick and Fragrant Coconut Soup
Move over summer gazpacho, it’s hot soup time and we’re totally excited to sip, slurp, and soothe our upcoming winter blues with a hearty bowl of coconut soup from Olives for Dinner. Toasted sesame oil adds warmth to the shallots-shiitake mushroom combo, and raw, bright red cherry tomatoes add a pop of color and flavor.
7. Smoky Pumpkin Grits
Who says grits are a strictly breakfast food––especially when simmered with smoky, savory pumpkin, paprika, and a hearty helping of nooch? Fresh sage leaves are used for garnish and the recipe also calls for roma tomatoes with pumpkin grits topped with maple-roasted pepitas for a full-on fall meal. We approve.
The Top 15 Vegan Recipes of 2014
From mac 'n' cheese to veganized Girl Scout cookies, we unveil the year's most popular (and downright delicious) vegan recipes.
Read More »
Earth Balance Named "Company of the Year"
From mac & cheese, cheddar puffs, and vegan Cheez-Its, Earth Balance does vegan right.
Read More »
DIY Vegan Holiday Gifts
Spending mucho moola not your idea of a happy holiday? These DIY gifts are green and affordable.
Read More »
The 2014 Veggie Awards
Our 13th annual list of the very best of all things vegan is finally here! Read on for this years reader picks for todays hottest vegan people, places, and products.
Read More »
4 Easy Vegan Sides Your Entire Family Will Love
Hosting a family dinner this holiday season? These side dishes are sure-fire winners for every guest at your table.
Read More »
- Thanksgiving Salad with Cranberries, Apples, & Caramelized Pecans
- Robin Robertson: My Top 10 Vegan Dishes Around the World
- 3 Vegan Thanksgiving Sides from the Experts
- 10 Downright Delicious Dessert Thanksgiving Recipes
- 3 Simple Timelines for a Stress-Free Vegan Thanksgiving
- The Ultimate Vegan Halloween Party Tips & Menu
- 5 Mouthwatering Vegan Pumpkin Recipes
- The 2014 VegNews Guide to Vegan Halloween Candy
- How to Make Tofu: A Step-by-Step Photo Guide
- How to Date a Meat-Eater
- Vegan Weddings 2014: Laura Robeson & Danielle Davis
- Vegan Weddings 2014: Alison Longley & Theodore Ross Butler
- Everything You Need to Know About Juicing
- Vegan Weddings 2014: Ashley Moore & Jordan Coates
- Guide to Vegan Baking
- How to Make Great Vegan Mexican Food at Home
- Vegan Weddings 2014: Aliya & Michael Weber
- 10 Creative Ways to Use Nut Butters
- VegNews Exclusive: An Interview with John Joseph
- 10 Foods to Help Get Rid of Stress