VN Recipe Round Up: 7 Fall Favorites
Warm up to the autumn season with these delicious, decadent dishes that are sure to brighten any fall celebration.
Fall is our favorite time of year for many reasons: colorful leaves, football, pumpkin soy lattes, and fluffy plant-based fiber hats with the funny, fuzzy ball on top––just to name a few. But if we’re being truly honest with ourselves, we love this holiday season because of all the culinary indulgences that goes along with it. Every meal is a celebration of all things hearty and decadent, lovely and warm. Here are seven of our favorite fall favorite recipes to enjoy with your loved ones (or with a large spoon by yourself. We won’t tell!)
1. Maple-Stuffed Sweet Potato
Does it get any more autumnal than maple syrup, sweet potatoes, and tempeh bacon? There’s a dash of liquid smoke in this Maple-Stuffed Sweet Potato recipe from vegan food blogger and author Kathy Patalsky just for good measure.
2. Apple Enchiladas
Autumn is apple-picking season and if we had to pick––we’d choose to have our apples doused in cinnamon-sugar sweetness, folded between warm, fluffy tortillas, and buried beneath a mound of ice cream. Well, hello there Apple Enchiladas from dessert genius Chocolate Covered Katie.
3. Quinoa Cauliflower Briyani
As the cool autumn breeze rolls in, we’ll replace our summer shorts with wool-free hats and scarves, and our beloved quinoa salads will give way to a warm bowl of Quinoa Cauliflower Briyani. Bursting with spicy, herby flavor, the mild nutty hint of cauliflower is livened with serrano peppers, cardamom, and ginger.
4. Garlicky Butternut Squash Sandwich
Garlic, you may be one we stay away from for date night, but when it comes time to curl up on the couch with a plate in our lap and a movie on TV, you bet it’s Vegan Yack Attack’s simple, savory Garlicky Butternut Squash Sandwich we’re biting into. Topped with arugula and Veganaise, this is comfort food done right.
5. Raw Chocolate Pumpkin Pie Cup
Sometimes we want to indulge in rich chocolate cups but without any of the unhealthy guilt that comes with sweet snacking––cue Fragrant Vanilla Cake’s Raw Chocolate Pumpkin Cup with a medjool date naturally sweetened crust encasing a carrot center (yep, carrot! Though pumpkin can also be used).
6. Quick and Fragrant Coconut Soup
Move over summer gazpacho, it’s hot soup time and we’re totally excited to sip, slurp, and soothe our upcoming winter blues with a hearty bowl of coconut soup from Olives for Dinner. Toasted sesame oil adds warmth to the shallots-shiitake mushroom combo, and raw, bright red cherry tomatoes add a pop of color and flavor.
7. Smoky Pumpkin Grits
Who says grits are a strictly breakfast food––especially when simmered with smoky, savory pumpkin, paprika, and a hearty helping of nooch? Fresh sage leaves are used for garnish and the recipe also calls for roma tomatoes with pumpkin grits topped with maple-roasted pepitas for a full-on fall meal. We approve.
6 Reasons You'll Never Need Dairy Again
With so many plant-based alternatives at our fingertips, dumping dairy has never been easier!
Read More »
How to Veganize a Traditional English Breakfast
Follow these four easy steps, and vegan bangers and hash with tofu scramble, tempeh bacon, and beans will be yours.
Read More »
Superfood Pumpkin Caramel Chocolate Tarts
Nothing says winter like pumpkin—especially when its paired with caramel, chocolate, and pecans.
Read More »
7 Vegan Breakfast Desserts for Each Day of the Week
Start your day with a sweet treat that wont wreck your resolutions.
Read More »
13 Easy Weeknight Dinners to Kick Off A Healthy 2017
In the aftermath of the gluttonous holiday season, get your diet back on track with one of these quick and healthy vegan meals.
Read More »
- The Three-Day Detox Plan Anyone Can Do
- 11 Stellar Vegan Jackfruit Recipes
- Must-Know Vegan Nutrition for Winter
- OMG Oreo-Peanut Butter-Fudge Brownies
- Vegan Baking Substitution Guide
- 16 Drinks to Warm Your Winter
- Vegan Gluten-Free Baked Butternut Squash Risotto
- VegNews Guide to the Winter Farmers' Market
- 5 Foods to Keep Your Teeth Healthy this Holiday Season
- Vegan Sweet Potato Latkes
- The Top 15 Vegan Recipes of 2016
- Vegan Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Sweet Potato Pie Tacos
- VegNews Guide to a Vegan Mexican Christmas
- Raw Holiday Pomegranate Salad
- 10 Ways to Veganize Classic Hanukkah Dishes
- 9 Vegan Pie Hacks for 3 Classic Holiday Pies
- How to Make Your Own Veganized Lunchables
- Toasted Marshmallow-Pecan Milkshake
- 5 Pancakes for a Cheerfully Decadent Holiday Season