10 Downright Delicious Dessert Thanksgiving Recipes
Follow up your appetizers and entrées with a sensational, dairy-free dessert menu thats unique and satisfying.
The main course may be the main attraction at your Thanksgiving feast, but dessert is of the upmost importance. A sensationally sweet spread of delicious pies, pastries, cakes, and confections is the perfect way to round out your evening of food, fun, family, and friends. If you’re looking for a dessert menu that won’t disappoint, we’ve got you covered—from the simple and satisfying to the extravagantly excessive, here are 10 oh-so-sweet Thanksgiving dishes that are sure to shine at your holiday soiree.
1. Pumpkin Pie Truffles
Allyson Kramer’s gluten-free Pumpkin Pie Truffles are rich and tasty, and these flavorful chocolates could be a fun project to keep the kids busy while the adults get their cooking on. You can’t go wrong with chocolate, ever.
2. Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Marshmallow Frosting
While we think sweet potato is just about perfect as is, what harm could adding fluffy, creamy marshmallow topping do, right? A common side dish on the Thanksgiving table, dessert genius Chocolate Covered Katie has whipped it into cupcake form, and we approve.
3. Pumpkin Pie Spice Nog Pancakes
Some may technically call this a breakfast food rather than dessert, but we think a tall stack of Vegan Richa's Pumpkin Pie Spice-Nog pancakes, rich with coconut milk and drizzled with warm maple syrup, counts as dessert. Serve it up for Thanksgiving breakfast for a full day of decadence!
4. Raw Autumn Sunset Cake
For a colorful Thanksgiving tabletop, we suggest this Autumn Sunset Dream Cake from vegan blog Fragrant Vanilla Cake. It’s decorated with a swirl of bright colors and includes a medley of raw ingredients––shredded coconuts, medjool dates, raw sweet potatoes, fresh ginger, and juicy cranberries––that give this treat a health twist.
5. Autumn Apple Crisp
Nothing screams autumn dessert like warm apple crisp! Gluten-free food blog Meaningful Eats has the perfect allergen- and dairy-free brown sugar apple crisp, topped with gluten-free oats. We think it’d pair nicely with a scoop of vegan ice cream. Don’t you think?
6. Grilled Almond Butter Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Sandwich
We know what you’re thinking––how could a sandwich constitute as dessert? Well, if the sandwich in question is filled with delectable dark chocolate and dotted with sweet, juicy bursts of pomegranate seeds, we declare it dessert––one that we want on our plates, now. Thanks Minimalist Baker for this treat of maximum deliciousness!
7. Raw Pumpkin Spice Hazlenut Nog
How about a sweet sip or two of a dessert drink to complement your cake? Cue Rawmazing’s Pumpkin Spice Hazlenut Nog. Eggnog may be all the holiday rage, but this thick pumpkin- and hazlenut-based libation may change that.
8. Double Layer Chocolate Cake
For the traditionalist out there (hi, mom), we’ve found the most beautiful vegan double-layer chocolate cake with dairy-free buttercream-coffee frosting from super sassy recipe blog, Hell Yeah! It’s Vegan. They’ve crafted perfectly scalloped-edges onto the round, moist chocolate cake that even Aunt Betty would be proud of.
9. Raw Cranberry Walnut Tart
Vegan blog The Sweet Life has captured all the colors of Thanksgiving in this stunning Raw Cranberry Walnut Tart. Walnuts, coconuts, and dates make up the crumble crust, while cranberries, orange juice, vanilla, cinnamon, and nuts make up the sweet, rich filling. No baking necessary!
10. Healthy Pumpkin Pie
On our holiday tables, pumpkin pie is a must, and if it can be made healthy, all the better. Chocolate Covered Katie's autumnal creation provides all the ooey gooey goodness of piping hot holiday pie minus (some of) the calorie-guilt and without any of the sugar (thanks, Stevia!), soy, or gluten. We’ll take two slices, and one to-go!
Cape Cod Restaurants Take On Vegan Challenge
Local vegan group successfully challenges eateries to add vegan options during the month of October.
Read More »
The 9 Best Vegan Breakfasts on Instagram
From smoothie bowls to a meaty fast-food throwback, we round up the most like-worthy breakfasts on Instagram.
Read More »
10 Drinks with Benefits
Say goodbye to traditional beverages with an array of drinks that offer both health and social benefits.
Read More »
Watermelon Cucumber Salad
Rehydrate after all those active adventures with this bright and juicy summer salad.
Read More »
Blueberry Lavender Popsicles
This incredible fusion of flavor makes for a refreshing treat on a hot afternoon.
Read More »
- Mango Slushie
- Three Cool-Down Treats for Hot Summer Days
- 8 Best Places for Vegan Frozen Yogurt
- Guide to Vegan Ethiopian Food
- Vegan Meal Delivery Services (with Discount Codes!)
- 9 Game-Changing Nut Butters Were Loving
- An Open Letter to Coffeehouses Who Charge for Soy Milk ...
- 5 Ways to Create a Great Vegan Picnic
- The VegNews Guide to Vegan Milk
- Going Vegan: How One Meat-Serving Restaurant is Catering to the Meat-Free
- Sneak Preview: What's on the Menu at Chloe Coscarelli's NYC Restaurant?
- 14 Reasons Why Pitchfork Music Festival Is Vegan Paradise
- Vegan Meringue Has Arrived
- Morrissey Uses NYC Concert to Promote Veganism
- Top 10 Male Vegan Bloggers
- How to Veganize Any Recipe: Sweet Edition
- 10 Foods You Never Thought Youd Eat Again
- 5 Ingenius Ways to Eat Chocolate Chips
- Subscriber Appreciation Month Giveaway: Miyoko's Kitchen
- A Vegan Mothers Day Your Mom Will Love