9 Things For Which Were Thankful
Family, avocado toast, and our companion animals are just a few things were loving this Thanksgiving.
This time of year, we become more aware of the world around us. We take note of the supposed “little things” and value the time we spend with our loved ones. And although it would be impossible for us to recognize everything for which we are thankful, VegNews staffers spent an afternoon discussing some of our most favorite things in life. With a healthy balance of the silly, the sublime, and the serious, we think you’ll agree that the nine things we’re loving this Thanksgiving help make our world a much better place.
1. No food comas
On Thanksgiving, when everyone is passed out post-carcass consumption, we’re thankful for feeling light and energetic from the load of nutrients we just had on our plates.
From parents who didn’t flinch when we began labeling everything in the kitchen as vegan to siblings who allow us to be our silly selves, we’re always thankful for family, especially during the holidays.
3. Companion animals
There’s no better way to end a day than walking through our front door and discovering a furry friend waiting to greet us. Granted, it’s because (s)he is hungry, but we’ll take the love however we can get it.
4. Our job
Pardon our humblebrag, but we’ve seriously got the best jobs ever. We work in a completely vegan office, eat delicious food every day, talk to important people in the veg community, and get to be creative in the process.
Whether it’s using Happy Cow to determine where to lunch in a new city or following a new vegan dessert account on Instagram, technology is making veganism closer—and more fun—than ever!
6. Very Vegan Sundays
This year, Sundays were the best days of the week, and there was no better way to kick back than Very Vegan Sundays in San Francisco. Once a month, vegan food trucks took over a street food park, complete with Burmese salads, gourmet raw cones, and oversized beet and seitan burgers. Like we said—the best day ever.
7. Avocado toast
We hope never to know a life that didn’t include a morning slice of avocado toast. With a base of warm sprouted grain toast, mashed avocado, sea salt, smoked paprika, a little nooch, and arugula on top, there’s no better way to start our day at the office.
8. Nutritional yeast
Like a mother’s hug, there is absolutely nothing that nooch doesn’t make better.
We are thankful, grateful, and appreciative of everyone who supports us because without you, there wouldn’t be a VegNews.
5 Things You Learn After Veg Speed Dating
Meeting vegan singles is fun—and only slightly awkward.
Read More »
How to Combat the USDA's Animal Welfare Blackout
The government just made it nearly impossible to track the abuse of millions of animals used in laboratories each year. VegNews speaks to Beagle Freedom Project founder Shannon Keith to find out what we can do to weather the blow.
Read More »
6 Things to Know about Fat Shaming Among Vegans
Sometimes, questionable intentions and misguided attitudes can collide in the form of discrimination, but theres hope for us yet.
Read More »
VegNews Top 8 Ways to Celebrate Valentines Day
Dreamy V-Day proposals, plant-based aphrodisiacs, and salacious chocolate bites are just the start of how you should celebrate your February 14.
Read More »
4 Tips for Nurturing a Great Vegan Romance
Just because someone else is vegan, youre not necessarily going to live happily ever after—even if youre Mistress Ginger.
Read More »
- 5 Dreamy Vegan Valentine's Day Proposals
- 6 Ways to Queer Your Vegan Valentines Day
- 9 Movie-and-Food Combinations for the Single Vegan on Valentines Day
- 6 Ways to Woo a Vegan Girl Online
- Animals in Love: 5 Species That Commit
- 6 Books Changing Veganism in 2017
- 5 Dating Tips from a Vegan Dating Expert
- 5 Heart Health Tips from Plant-Based Medical Pros
- 5 Ways to Heat Up Your Sex Life on Valentines Day
- 12 Vegan Non-Food Gifts to Woo Your Sweetheart This Valentines Day
- 4 Ways to Find Love as a Vegan Using Mobile Apps
- 10 Vegan Game Day Cocktails
- 10 Vegan Chip and Dip Match-Ups Fit For A Super Bowl Smackdown
- An Interview with the Worlds Longest-Running Cat Whisperer
- Top 10 Vegan Body Oils in Stores Now
- 5 Ways 2016 Completely Changed Veganism
- 3 Things Ive Learned Since Working with Chickens
- The VegNews Guide to Vegan Girl Scout Cookies
- Veganism Saved My Life: Jeremy Bartel
- 5 Vegan Beauty Tips from Mistress Ginger