5 Vegan Coffee Creamers to Spruce Up Your Morning Latte
Being vegan doesnt mean you cant have a great cup of coffee.
Nothing is more important than coffee, especially when you’re up in the early morning hours or you have a mountain of paperwork to finish before the end of the day. Whatever the case, you might need a strong cup of Joe to get that essential pick-me-up that comes only from java. While some prefer their coffee black, others like to mix in creamer for additional richness and sweetness. Luckily, there are entire brands of dairy-free creamers to complement your caffeinated beverage of choice. Here are our top five favorite additions that help us get out of bed and into the office.
Coffee-drinking vegans are well-versed in So Delicious’ assortment of almond and coconut milk-based creamers, which include French Vanilla, Hazelnut, or Original flavors made with organic ingredients such as non-GMO coconut cream, almonds, and cane sugar. However, the new CoconutMilk Hazelnut—which offers coconut creaminess with a sweet nutty flavor—is destined to be your new morning go-to.
Silk’s almond and soy milk coffee creamers include decadent flavors such as Vanilla Soy, Hazelnut Soy, Vanilla Almond, Caramel Almond, and Hazelnut Almond, making for a number of perfect options to customize your coffee or tea sans dairy. These creamers provide a flavorful alternative to the dominating taste of coconut milk, and if you’re a calorie counter, there’s good news: Silk’s non-GMO, soy-based creamers contain just 25 calories per serving.
California-based Califia Farms offers non-GMO, kosher, and soy- and gluten-free almond milk-based creamers in flavors such as Pecan Caramel, Hazelnut, Vanilla, Unsweetened Almond Milk, Original Better Half Creamer, and Unsweetened Better Half Creamer. Made with raw pressed California almonds, cane sugar, water, and coconut cream, these natural sweeteners are perfect for a cold-brewed coffee or a warm cup of Joe.
Coffee drinkers can give their cup of Joe a rich sweetness without artificial colors or preservatives thanks to Nutpods’ line of non-perishable, dairy-free, unsweetened coffee creamers. Available in Original Unsweetened, Hazelnut Unsweetened, and French Vanilla Unsweetened flavors, these varieties are made with coconut cream, almonds, sunflower lecithin, and sea salt while remaining free of dairy, soy, gluten, high-fructose corn syrup, refined sugars, and sugar alcohols.
Coconut lovers—grab a pint of Trader Joe’s coconut coffee creamer in a green container for $1.49 each. Made with organic coconut milk, organic coconut cream, and dried cane syrup, the product is so popular that it often sells out, so have a cup of coffee, and go get some more creamer.
Christa Bramante is an earth-loving herbivore who animals adore.
40 Things I Desperately Want to Eat at Los Angeles' Hottest Vegan Festival
My tupperware's set, I've only eaten kale the past four days, and I'm ready for Eat Drink Vegan.
Read More »
How to Throw the Ultimate Graduation Vegan Barbecue
Schools out for summer—or maybe even forever—so fire up the grill and treat yourself and your loved ones to the ultimate celebration.
Read More »
5 Ways to Celebrate a Vegan Mother's Day with Your Mom
Show your mom you love her with vegan food, gifts, and fun.
Read More »
7 Pampering Vegan Products That Say I Love You, Mom
This Mothers Day, say thanks to your mom by creating a relaxing environment that is ethical, cruelty-free, and aesthetically pleasing.
Read More »
Wicked Kitchen Chef Dishes on the Future of Vegan Food
Former Whole Foods UK chef Derek Sarno hops the pond to Tesco.
Read More »
- Why Going Vegan Can Help You Relax
- 3 Vegan Prom Makeup Looks
- The Ex-Airline Pilot Behind New York's Favorite Vegan Burger
- 10 Vegan Oatmeal Cups for the Person on the Go
- 8 Vegan Etsy Stickers That Your Car, Laptop, and Water Bottle Need, Like, Yesterday
- This 10-Minute Documentary Is Showing How Children Are Embracing Veganism
- It's Time for Men to Get Over Their Fears of Being Vegan
- We're Giving 5 Classic Films a Vegan Makeover
- VegFest Puerto Rico Built Community and Mainstreamed Veganism
- 8 Vegan Foods Making the 2018 Food-Trend List
- Fall in Love With Niagara's Vegan Scene
- If Trader Joe's Made These 11 Frozen Foods Vegan, We'd Never Have To Cook Again
- 8 Quirky Vegan Burritos To Make You Rethink Your Favorite Meal
- If You're a Broke Vegan Student, Read This
- It's Time Your Dog Went Vegan
- 6 Tips for Losing Weight on a Vegan Diet
- You're 8 Steps Away from Setting a Vegan Easter Table
- Did You Know César Chávez Was Also an Animal-Rights Activist?
- 10 Medical Reasons to Skip the Eggs on Easter
- 5 Startup Food Companies About to Revolutionize Veganism