7 Must-Have Vegan Summer Beauty Essentials
We fill you in on everything you need to protect your skin, plus three one-ingredient beauty recipes.
Greetings, compassionate cuties! Summer’s almost here, and if you’re anything like me, you’re ready to hit the beach, soak up some sun, and chillax to the max. There are so many vegan and cruelty-free sunscreens, sunless tanners, moisturizers, makeup lines, and accessories to choose from that you can easily enjoy your fun in the sun completely guilt-free (and looking your best!). Here are some of my favorite cruelty-free beauty must-haves for summertime’s hot-hot heat.
Sunscreen: Jason Natural Cosmetics SPF 30 Mineral Sunscreen—What I love most about this sunscreen is that it goes on smoothly, rubs on clear, and is gentle enough for sensitive skin. It’s also contains chamomile and marigold, which calm and soothes the skin.
Sunless Tanner: Alba Botanica Very Emollient Sunless Tanning Lotion—We all know that baking in the sun can be unhealthy and dangerous, so opt for a safe alternative with the perfect sunless tanner. This formula is streak-free, all-natural, and highly effective—no Oompa Loompa skin this summer!
Moisturizer: Earth Science Almond-Aloe Facial Moisturizer SPF 15—This moisturizer is super light, non-greasy, and is perfect for day or night.
Insect Repellent: Lafe's Organic Baby Bug Repellent—This gentle botanical oils formula is very effective, comes in a charming BPA-free bottle, and one percent of sales goes toward supporting breast cancer prevention and awareness.
Hot Summer Lipstick: Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Anime—If you’re looking for the go-to lipstick shade for summer fun, look no further. This hot pink shade is perfect for grabbing the attention of vegan beach boys. You go, girl.
Mineral Foundation: All Natural Face Mineral Foundation—This foundation offers beautiful coverage with light-reflecting minerals and UV protection. Its 51 shades are made from just a handful of natural ingredients, and it works with virtually any skin type.
Now that we’re all stocked up on summer essentials, let’s get our skin primed for sun-lovin’ perfection! Whether you have oily, dry, combination, or mature skin, there are some powerful antioxidant and vitamin-rich fruits and veggies that have the ability to transform your visage. Mosey on over to your kitchen and try these simple DIY beauty fixes.
3 Super Easy One-Ingredient Beauty Recipes
1. Banana. Mash one overripe banana and spread it onto your face. After 15 to 30 minutes, rinse it off with warm water. The natural fruit acids and vitamins in this face mask buff away dead skin cells, making it ideal for acne-prone skin—but it works wonders for all skin types.
2. Apple cider vinegar. Dilute one part apple cider vinegar with two parts water and use a cotton ball to apply it to your face as a toner. This toner is also great for acne-prone skin—it helps to clear blemishes by keeping your skin’s acidity in check and killing bacteria. Bonus: it fades age spots, too!
3. Avocado. Mash an avocado and leave it on your skin for 10 minutes. Avocados have natural sunscreen properties and they also help boost collagen and elastin cell growth, which means fewer fine lines and wrinkles.
For more of Sunny Subramanian’s awesome beauty recipes and product reviews, head on over to veganbeautyreview.com.
5 Ideas for a Great Vegan Spring Wedding
Spring is the season of rebirth, making it the perfect time to get married and enter a new phase of life with the person you love.
Read More »
5 Hot Vegan Shoes for Spring
With spring comes sunshine, rain, and all of the new shoe styles that designers have to offer.
Read More »
3 Reasons to Eat Your Fruit and Vegetables
Studies show that your health improves when you eat the proper amount of fruit and vegetables.
Read More »
My Sneaky Plan to Convince a 17-Year-Old to Go Vegan
Teenagers are known to be stubborn but this semi-stepmom will stop at nothing to get an underage angel to eat a god#@!? veggie burger.
Read More »
7 Vegan Songs to Add to Your Playlist
For those who avoid supporting animal exploitation, why not extend that same ethos to your music collection?
Read More »
- How a Plant-based Diet Saved This Doctors Career
- 6 Places to Meet a Vegan to Love
- How (and Why) You Should Become a Vegan Regular
- 7 Books to Share with Your Veg-Curious Love Interest
- 10 Products I Cant Wait to Try at Expo West
- 7 Vegan-Friendly Childrens Books to Share with Your Kids
- 7 Vegan & Cruelty-free Beauty YouTubers
- 6 Libido-Enhancing Vegan Foods
- 5 Things You Learn After Veg Speed Dating
- How to Combat the USDA's Animal Welfare Blackout
- 6 Things to Know about Fat Shaming Among Vegans
- VegNews Top 8 Ways to Celebrate Valentines Day
- 4 Tips for Nurturing a Great Vegan Romance
- 5 Dreamy Vegan Valentine's Day Proposals
- 6 Ways to Queer Your Vegan Valentines Day
- 9 Movie-and-Food Combinations for the Single Vegan on Valentines Day
- 6 Ways to Woo a Vegan Girl Online
- Animals in Love: 5 Species That Commit
- 6 Books Changing Veganism in 2017
- 5 Dating Tips from a Vegan Dating Expert