7 Must-Have Vegan Summer Beauty Essentials
Check out everything you need to protect your skin, plus three one-ingredient beauty recipes.
Greetings, compassionate cuties! Summer’s almost here, and if you’re anything like me, you’re ready to hit the beach, soak up some sun, and chillax to the max. There are so many vegan and cruelty-free sunscreens, sunless tanners, moisturizers, cute makeup, and accessories to choose from, that you’ll be able to enjoy all of your fun in the sun looking your best completely guilt-free. Here are some of my favorite cruelty-free beauty must-haves for summertime’s hot-hot heat.
Sunscreen: Loving Naturals Clear Vegan SPF 30+ Sunscreen—What I love most about this sunscreen is that it goes on smoothly, rubs on clear, and is water-resistant. It’s also free of any toxic chemicals and preservatives, which are often found in most conventional sunscreens.
Sunless Tanner: Lavera Sunless Tanning Lotion—We all know that baking in the sun can be unhealthy and dangerous, so opt for a safe alternative with the perfect sunless tanner. This formula is streak-free, organic, and highly effective—no Ompa Loompa skin this summer!
Moisturizer: Earth Science Almond-Aloe Facial Moisturizer SPF 15—This moisturizer is super light, non-greasy, and is perfect for day or night.
Insect Repellent: Intelligent Nutrients Organic Bug Repellent Serum—This non-greasy, non-toxic formula works well, comes in a cute bottle, and smells awesome.
Hot Summer Lipstick: Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Anime—If you’re looking for the go-to lipstick shade for summer fun, look no further. This hot, hot pink shade is perfect for grabbing the attention of yummy vegan beach boys. Rawr!
Mineral Foundation: Everyday Minerals Original Glo Base—This foundation offers full and flawless-looking coverage with light-reflecting minerals and natural UV protection.
Now that we’re all stocked up on summer essentials, let’s get our skin primed for sun-lovin’ perfection! Whether you have oily, dry, combination, or mature skin, there are some powerful antioxidant and vitamin-rich fruits and veggies that have the ability to transform your visage. Mosey on over to your kitchen and try these simple DIY beauty fixes.
3 Super Easy One-Ingredient Beauty Recipes
1. Banana. Mash one overripe banana and spread it onto your face. After 15 to 30 minutes, rinse it off with warm water. The natural fruit acids and vitamins in this face mask buff away dead skin cells, making it ideal for acne-prone skin—but it works wonders for all skin types.
2. Apple cider vinegar. Dilute one part apple cider vinegar with two parts water, and use a cotton ball to apply it to your face as a toner. This toner is also great for acne-prone skin. It helps clear blemishes by keeping you skin’s acidity in check and killing bacteria. Bonus: It fades age spots, too!
3. Avocado. Mash an avocado and leave it on your skin for 10 minutes. Avocados have natural sunscreen properties and they also help boost collagen and elastin cell growth, which means fewer fine lines and wrinkles.
For more of Sunny Subramanian’s awesome beauty recipes and product reviews, head on over to veganbeautyreview.com.
The #1 Way to Make Sure You Eat Your Greens First
Find yourself in need of some healthy habits? Its a lot easier to train your brain than you might think!
Read More »
Surprising Vegan Finds at Mainstream Grocery Stores with The Laziest Vegans
No Whole Foods? No Trader Joes? No problem! Thanks to The Laziest Vegans, finding vegan eats at your typical American supermarket is easier than you think.
Read More »
5 Tips for Choosing the Right Acupuncturist
Dont let needles or the no know-hows scare you; weve got the information you need to pick the perfect acupuncturist.
Read More »
The 5 Best Moms of All Time
This Mothers Day, we wanted to give a shout out to some of the worlds best moms and the amazing things they do.
Read More »
50 Years Young: The Enduring Vitality of Vegans
For many vegans, age does not mean illness, but an opportunity to run more marathons, write books, and live a richer life.
Read More »
- Sarno Brothers Secret to Getting Wicked Healthy
- 5 Reasons Im Glad to Be Vegan
- Earth Day Interview with NASCARs Vegan Leilani Münter
- 72 Hours With The Big Bang Theorys Mayim Bialik
- Exclusive Interview: Kim & Kanye Go Vegan for Baby
- Exclusive VegNews Issue Preview
- 13 Adoptable Pups for National Puppy Day
- 5 Tips for Making Your Career Dreams Come True
- Colleen Hollands 15 Most-Anticipated Vegan Cookbooks of 2013
- 72 Hours with the Goo Goo Dolls Mike Malinin
- Chloe's Desserts Sneak Peek: 3 Exclusive Recipes from Chloe Coscarelli's New Cookbook
- Cookbook Sneak Preview: Vegan Tiramisu Pancakes
- Cookbook Sneak Preview: Mojito Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cookbook Sneak Preview: Hot-Fudge-on-the-Bottom Cake
- Your Valentine on Veganism: An Infographic
- Animals in Love: 5 Species That Commit
- VegNews Dessert Contest with Chloe Coscarelli
- Mardi Gras: A Vegans Survival Guide to New Orleans
- 6 Delicious Ways to Get Vitamin C
- Veganism Saved My Life: Judy Temkin