Vegan Father's Day
Celebrate your dad by organizing the best vegan-style Father's Day that will truly impress him.
Your father might have shown you how to ride a bike or tie your shoelaces properly, but this Father’s Day, it’s time to show dad just how much you care about him. Instead of the usual greeting card, plan out the perfect day with a hearty brunch, an afternoon of his favorite activities, and then a celebratory dinner. No doubt your dad will love whatever you plan—he is your number-one fan after all—so don’t stress about spending top dollar on the perfect gift. Planning his ultimate day and stellar meals is the best way to show how much you truly appreciate all his love and support. After all, where would you be without properly tied shoelaces?
Breakfast of Champions
Who says that brunch options are just limited to mothers? Making your dad breakfast is a great way to show just how wonderful vegan food can be. (What’s more loving than a home-cooked meal? Nothing.) Popular blogger Vegan Dad has some of the best recipes around including a fantastic Father’s Day brunch menu all planned out with asparagus crêpés, grilled citrus tofu skewers, and lemon currant rolls. Or you can start off the day with tofu “egg” slices for a great breakfast sandwich or a simple tofu scramble. Vegan Dad’s zucchini pancakes with tomato and onion relish are also a scrumptious way to begin a bountiful brunch.
Whether your dad is a sports lover, movie watcher, or techie, we’ve got some great ideas for you. With the plethora of veg-friendly ballparks all around the country, taking your father to see his favorite team is a breeze. Snag him a new baseball cap for a grand afternoon out. If he’s more into brews than baseballs, find a local brewery and treat him to some fine vegan beers or buy a few different six-packs for a summer sampling in your backyard with some snacks. (Need some ideas? Here’s a list of our favorite summer beers.)
For the movie lover, rent some veg-friendly films from Netflix like the ones on our must-see list or take him out for a matinee to see the inspiring documentary, Forks Over Knives. Is your pops all about the latest gadgets and gizmos? Load up his phone or iPad with some great veg-related games like Fruit Ninja or Tofu Hunter.
Instead of a fancy dinner out, why not arrange a pizza-making party with your dad? He can choose the toppings and you assemble and bake the pies together. Fire up the grill and roast veggies, tofu hot dogs, and veggie burgers for a nighttime cookout. Vegan Dad offers up some fantastic fake meat options to entice any eater, from seitan BBQ sandwiches, vegan hot wings, Italian meatballs, to chicken in a rosemary-Marsala sauce.
Whatever your father enjoys, spend the day with him sharing in his favorite activity, whether it be a museum, a photography class, a cooking demo, or a hitting some golf balls at the driving range. He’ll be so happy to share what he loves with one of his favorite people—you.
How to Throw the Ultimate Graduation Vegan Barbecue
Schools out for summer—or maybe even forever—so fire up the grill and treat yourself and your loved ones to the ultimate celebration.
Read More »
5 Ways to Celebrate a Vegan Mother's Day with Your Mom
Show your mom you love her with vegan food, gifts, and fun.
Read More »
7 Pampering Vegan Products That Say I Love You, Mom
This Mothers Day, say thanks to your mom by creating a relaxing environment that is ethical, cruelty-free, and aesthetically pleasing.
Read More »
Wicked Kitchen Chef Dishes on the Future of Vegan Food
Former Whole Foods UK chef Derek Sarno hops the pond to Tesco.
Read More »
Why Going Vegan Can Help You Relax
Are you someone who practices mindful meditation? If so, heres why you should be vegan (if you arent already).
Read More »
- 3 Vegan Prom Makeup Looks
- The Ex-Airline Pilot Behind New York's Favorite Vegan Burger
- 10 Vegan Oatmeal Cups for the Person on the Go
- 8 Vegan Etsy Stickers That Your Car, Laptop, and Water Bottle Need, Like, Yesterday
- This 10-Minute Documentary Is Showing How Children Are Embracing Veganism
- It's Time for Men to Get Over Their Fears of Being Vegan
- We're Giving 5 Classic Films a Vegan Makeover
- VegFest Puerto Rico Built Community and Mainstreamed Veganism
- 8 Vegan Foods Making the 2018 Food-Trend List
- Fall in Love With Niagara's Vegan Scene
- If Trader Joe's Made These 11 Frozen Foods Vegan, We'd Never Have To Cook Again
- 8 Quirky Vegan Burritos To Make You Rethink Your Favorite Meal
- If You're a Broke Vegan Student, Read This
- It's Time Your Dog Went Vegan
- 6 Tips for Losing Weight on a Vegan Diet
- You're 8 Steps Away from Setting a Vegan Easter Table
- Did You Know César Chávez Was Also an Animal-Rights Activist?
- 10 Medical Reasons to Skip the Eggs on Easter
- 5 Startup Food Companies About to Revolutionize Veganism
- 10 Vegan Easter Candies We Want To Find in Our Easter Basket