Vegan Father's Day
Celebrate your dad by organizing the best vegan-style Father's Day that will truly impress him.
Your father might have shown you how to ride a bike or tie your shoelaces properly, but this Father’s Day, it’s time to show dad just how much you care about him. Instead of the usual greeting card, plan out the perfect day with a hearty brunch, an afternoon of his favorite activities, and then a celebratory dinner. No doubt your dad will love whatever you plan—he is your number-one fan after all—so don’t stress about spending top dollar on the perfect gift. Planning his ultimate day and stellar meals is the best way to show how much you truly appreciate all his love and support. After all, where would you be without properly tied shoelaces?
Breakfast of Champions
Who says that brunch options are just limited to mothers? Making your dad breakfast is a great way to show just how wonderful vegan food can be. (What’s more loving than a home-cooked meal? Nothing.) Popular blogger Vegan Dad has some of the best recipes around including a fantastic Father’s Day brunch menu all planned out with asparagus crêpés, grilled citrus tofu skewers, and lemon currant rolls. Or you can start off the day with tofu “egg” slices for a great breakfast sandwich or a simple tofu scramble. Vegan Dad’s zucchini pancakes with tomato and onion relish are also a scrumptious way to begin a bountiful brunch.
Whether your dad is a sports lover, movie watcher, or techie, we’ve got some great ideas for you. With the plethora of veg-friendly ballparks all around the country, taking your father to see his favorite team is a breeze. Snag him a new baseball cap for a grand afternoon out. If he’s more into brews than baseballs, find a local brewery and treat him to some fine vegan beers or buy a few different six-packs for a summer sampling in your backyard with some snacks. (Need some ideas? Here’s a list of our favorite summer beers.)
For the movie lover, rent some veg-friendly films from Netflix like the ones on our must-see list or take him out for a matinee to see the inspiring documentary, Forks Over Knives. Is your pops all about the latest gadgets and gizmos? Load up his phone or iPad with some great veg-related games like Fruit Ninja or Tofu Hunter.
Instead of a fancy dinner out, why not arrange a pizza-making party with your dad? He can choose the toppings and you assemble and bake the pies together. Fire up the grill and roast veggies, tofu hot dogs, and veggie burgers for a nighttime cookout. Vegan Dad offers up some fantastic fake meat options to entice any eater, from seitan BBQ sandwiches, vegan hot wings, Italian meatballs, to chicken in a rosemary-Marsala sauce.
Whatever your father enjoys, spend the day with him sharing in his favorite activity, whether it be a museum, a photography class, a cooking demo, or a hitting some golf balls at the driving range. He’ll be so happy to share what he loves with one of his favorite people—you.
How Do You Remember 100 Songs in 4 Days? For Pop-Punk Band Alkaline Trio, the Answer is Veganism
Matt Skiba says eschewing dairy helps with his voice and his on-stage energy level.
Read More »
5 Woman-Owned Vegan Businesses You Should Be Obsessed With
What's even better than a vegan business? A vegan business owned by a woman.
Read More »
6 Valentine's Day Gifts for that Vegan Curmudgeon in Your Life
Buy me D3 gummies, fancy moisturizer, and a ticket to see the Misfits, and Ill be your Valentine.
Read More »
6 Red-Hot Vegan Lipsticks To Drive Your Valentine Crazy
Make your Valentines Day even hotter with these all-vegan sexy shades for your lips.
Read More »
How a Vegan Canadian Figure Skater Prepared to Win Gold at the Winter Olympics
Meagan Duhamels intense fitness regimen and plant-based diet led her to that international Olympic podium.
Read More »
- How to Be a Vegan Teen Valentine
- Vegan Valentine's Day Tips From No. 1 Best-Selling Author Kathy Freston
- 5 Vegan Turmeric Recipes for Those Who Are Slightly Intimidated by It
- How A Vegan Diet is Making ''Everything'' Easier for One Punk Singer
- Your Meat-Eating Friends Want One of These 10 Vegan Books
- 7 Ways to Veganize Your Bed, Just in Time for Valentine's Day
- 5 Steps to the Perfect Vegan Valentine's Day
- 8 Love-Infused Vegan Events to Celebrate Valentine's Day
- Thanks to These 7 Vegan Pies, We Have Declared National Pizza Day a Holiday
- No Valentine This Year? Try Vegan Speed Dating
- 6 Ways to Queer Your Vegan Valentine's Day
- Bought Too Many Vegan Girl Scout Cookies? Here are 10 Desserts You Should Make With Them
- Glow Up With These 18 Vegan Beauty Brands in 2018
- How One Chef is Getting NFL Players to Go Vegan
- From Struggling for Breath to Running Marathons: Veganism Saved His Life
- 6 Badass Vegan Women Who Don't Take Any Sh*t
- 10 Vegan Chip and Dip Match-Ups Fit For A Super Bowl Smackdown
- 20 Vegan Women You Need to Follow On Instagram Today
- A Rare Heart Disease Led this 60 Year-Old to Veganism: Veganism Saved Her Life
- How One Woman is Introducing Vegan Mexican Sweets to a Rural Southern California Desert