What you need:
- 1 tablespoon unrefined, organic coconut oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups red lentils
- 2 cans organic coconut milk
- 4 to 6 cups water (enough to cover all ingredients)
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 cups diced sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 to 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
What you do:
- Sauté onion in the coconut oil over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and sea salt, stir, and cook for one minute more.
- Add the lentils, coconut milk, water, and remaining ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Stir well, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 30?45 minutes more, until the lentils are cooked through and creamy. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
Love vegan food and cooking as much as we do?
Get the BEST, editor-tested recipes inside every issue of VegNews Magazine. Find out why VegNews is the world’s #1 plant-based magazine by subscribing today!