What you need:
- 1 tablespoon unrefined, organic coconut oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups red lentils
- 2 cans organic coconut milk
- 4 to 6 cups water (enough to cover all ingredients)
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 cups diced sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 to 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
What you do:
- Sauté onion in the coconut oil over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and sea salt, stir, and cook for one minute more.
- Add the lentils, coconut milk, water, and remaining ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Stir well, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 30?45 minutes more, until the lentils are cooked through and creamy. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!