What you need:
- 1 cup sweet red onions, chopped
- 1-3/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or 3/4 tablespoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons red or orange bell peppers, finely chopped (for garnish)
What you do:
- In a small bowl, combine the onions, olives, and capers. Set aside.
- In a food processor, mix the lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, oregano, lemon zest, and garlic for 3 to 5 seconds. Pour in the onion-olive mixture, and mix lightly with a fork.
- Place the tapenade in a serving bowl, garnish with chopped bell peppers, and serve.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!