What you need:
- 1/4 cup tamari lite
- 3/4 cup vegetarian chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 7-ounce package chicken-flavored seitan, sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium portabello mushroom cap, cut into chunks
- 1 10-ounce package baby spinach
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 large fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, sliced, and drizzled with lime juice
What you do:
- Place seitan in a medium bowl and set aside. Combine tamari, broth, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and cilantro in a glass liquid measuring cup and pour over the seitan. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Spray a 10-inch frying pan with oil, remove the seitan from the marinade, and add to the pan with the mushrooms. Sauté 3 minutes. Spoon 3 tablespoons of the marinade over the mushrooms and seitan and lower heat to simmer. Keep warm while assembling the salad.
- Place the spinach in a large salad bowl. Arrange the onions, avocado, and strawberries around the perimeter and mound the seitan in the center surrounded by the mushrooms. Serve with dressing on the side.