What you need:
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound onions, diced small or cut into thin slivers
- 10 chopped olives or 2 tablespoons black olive paste
- Fresh basil, chopped
What you do:
- In a skillet over low heat, sauté onions until they caramelize and turn brown, adding water if necessary to prevent sticking (approximately 25 minutes).
- Cool onions and place on baked or grilled pizza dough. Decorate with chopped olives and sprinkle with fresh basil.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!