Serves 6 to 8
What you need:
- 10 tomatillos (remove outer paper-like layer and wash)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 small white onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeds and ribs removed, finely diced
- 2 avocados, ripe, skin removed, cut into small chunks
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt
What you do:
- In a small pot, boil tomatillos with a pinch of salt. Cook for 5 minutes and drain. Set aside. In a small frying pan, heat oil. Sweat garlic and onion just until onion turns soft and translucent (not brown).
- In a blender, blend onion, garlic, and tomatillos until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl and let cool. Add jalapenos and avocado to bowl with onion-tomatillo mixture. Add cilantro and salt to taste. Salsa should be on the thin side.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!