This savory delight is pretty much the best combination of flavors that we’d ever tried. Think about it: first you have a delicious bean soup, and then you add peanut butter. If there’s a meal more satisfying, we don’t even want to know about it.
What You Need:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 small sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 3 to 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
What You Do:
- In a large pot over high heat, heat 1/2 cup of water and the soy sauce. Add onion and sweet potatoes. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add carrot, celery, and pepper. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the tomatoes, stock, garbanzo beans, and cilantro.
- Blend peanut butter with 1/3 cup of water and add it to the soup along with the curry powder. Stir to mix. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Serve over brown rice.
Subscribe now to the world’s #1