What you need:
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 pound mixed greens or baby spinach leaves
- 2 apples, cored and sliced into half moons
- 2 medium carrots, ends trimmed, cut into matchsticks
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil, to taste
What you do:
- Soak the raisins in warm water for 20 minutes, or until soft and plump. Drain and gently squeeze to remove excess water.
- Toss the greens, apples and carrots together in a large bowl. Sprinkle the pine nuts, raisins, and salt on top. Drizzle the vinegar over the salad, followed by the oil. Serve immediately.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!