For those chilly winter days when you wish you lived above a boulangerie, this is the next best thing. Bust out your bread machine, and in about the same time as it takes to brew up a warm, homey pot of soup, you can have fresh French bread for dunking. Bon appetit!
Makes 1 Loaf
What you need:
- 1 cup plus 7 tablespoons filtered water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons Sucanat or fructose
- 4-1/3 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
What you do:
- Add ingredients in the above order to your bread machine. Close lid and select the desired setting (many machines will have a setting for French bread). Press start and let bake.
- When complete, remove bread pan from machine and invert to remove loaf.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!