For those chilly winter days when you wish you lived above a boulangerie, this is the next best thing. Bust out your bread machine, and in about the same time as it takes to brew up a warm, homey pot of soup, you can have fresh French bread for dunking. Bon appetit!
Makes 1 Loaf
What you need:
- 1 cup plus 7 tablespoons filtered water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons Sucanat or fructose
- 4-1/3 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
What you do:
- Add ingredients in the above order to your bread machine. Close lid and select the desired setting (many machines will have a setting for French bread). Press start and let bake.
- When complete, remove bread pan from machine and invert to remove loaf.
The VegNews Mega Birthday Sale ends July 31 at midnight! Get the BEST vegan recipes, travel, celebrity interviews, product picks, and so much more inside every issue of VegNews Magazine—at a special birthday price. Find out why VegNews is the world’s #1 plant-based magazine by subscribing today!