Makes one pizza
What you need:
- 1 frozen prepared pizza crust
- 1 large bunch basil, washed and destemmed
- 1 heaping tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, plus 2 tablespoons for garnish
- 5 or more tablespoons water
What you do:
- Preheat the oven according to the directions on the frozen pizza crust.
- To prepare the topping, combine basil, miso, garlic, pine nuts and water in a food processor. Add additional water 1 tablespoon at a time as needed until the pesto is smooth enough to spread on the crust.
- Spread the pesto onto the frozen crust and sprinkle on the remaining 2 tablespoons of pine nuts. Bake according to package directions.