Makes 1-1/2 cups
What you need:
- 3/4 cup soymilk
- 3/4 cup Sucanat
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons fi ltered water
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons non-hydrogenated margarine
- 1 to 2 tablespoons rum, to taste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
What you do:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine soymilk, Sucanat and maple syrup. Whisk for 3 minutes while cooking.
- In a small bowl, whisk together water and arrowroot. Add mixture to saucepan and whisk, while cooking, an additional 2 to 3 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat and whisk in margarine, rum and vanilla. Serve warm or chilled.
Love vegan food and cooking as much as we do?
Get the BEST, editor-tested recipes inside every issue of VegNews Magazine. Find out why VegNews is the world’s #1 plant-based magazine by subscribing today!