Makes 1-1/2 cups
What you need:
- 3/4 cup soymilk
- 3/4 cup Sucanat
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons fi ltered water
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons non-hydrogenated margarine
- 1 to 2 tablespoons rum, to taste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
What you do:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine soymilk, Sucanat and maple syrup. Whisk for 3 minutes while cooking.
- In a small bowl, whisk together water and arrowroot. Add mixture to saucepan and whisk, while cooking, an additional 2 to 3 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat and whisk in margarine, rum and vanilla. Serve warm or chilled.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!