VegNews is thrilled to debut a guest post by Alicia Silverstone. The actress, author, and activist extraordinaire will share a few of her favorite things with VN readers in a regular guest spot. With fall officially upon us, we asked the chic star to share her top picks for cruelty-free fall fashion. Here’s what she had to say:
I’ve seen some great, eco-friendly pieces this season! I love when mainstream companies that are not vegan at all come out with kind products—progress. And if we all support their kinder products, they’ll be more inclined to stop using leather and other nasty materials. Some of the companies listed below are 100-percent vegan and others are just beginning to dabble in cruelty-free apparel.
These are my top five favorite picks from companies making eco-conscious and cruelty-free fashion:
- Loomstate uses 100-percent organic materials and only works with factories that operate under high environmental and labor standards.
- ALDO sells both vegan and non-vegan shoes, so you have to be careful when shopping to look at what materials each shoe is made of. This sexy patent pair is completely synthetic.
- Stella McCartney doesn’t use leather or fur in any of her collections (she does use wool, so watch out for that!). These over-the-knee boots cash in on one of fall’s biggest trends and are super cozy.
- EcoSkin uses environmentally sustainable fabrics and all of their garments are dyed and sewn in the USA. This supple sweater is made mostly from hemp.
- Teich Design uses rescued and repurposed materials to make cute, comfy bags. I love this black and white tote.
For more on the cruelty-free champions of fashion, check out ”Fashion Police” by The Discerning Brute’s Joshua Katcher.
Subscribe now to the world’s #1