What you need:
- 2 cups cashews, soaked 12 to 14 hours
- ¾ teaspoon New Chapter Probiotics All-Flora powder, dissolved in 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 3-½ teaspoons salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons peppercorns, coarsely crushed
What you do:
- In a high-speed blender, blend soaked cashews with prepared probiotics until smooth. Transfer to a medium glass bowl, and allow to sit, covered with towel in warm place for 14 to 16 hours to culture.
- In a small bowl, combine nutritional yeast, onion powder, nutmeg, and 1 teaspoons salt, then combine with cultured cashews. In a 6-inch spring form pan, press cheese firmly into pan. Allow to chill in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours until firm.
- Sprinkle peppercorns and remaining salt on top, creating an even crust and pressing slightly. Remove from pan, slice into wedges, and serve.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!