Serves 6 to 8
What you need:
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cup peeled, diced apple
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- l/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 to 4 tablespoons maple syrup, or to taste
What you do:
- Place all the ingredients except the syrup in a deep saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook over low heat with the lid slightly ajar for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the liquid is mostly absorbed. Add syrup to taste and simmer uncovered for another 5 to 10 minutes, until thickened.
- Let the chutney cool to room temperature, before serving. If making ahead of time, store in a clean quart jar, tightly covered but not sealed. Refrigerate until needed. Before serving, bring to room temperature.
Love vegan food and cooking as much as we do?
Get the BEST editor-tested recipes inside every issue of VegNews Magazine. Find out why VegNews is the world’s #1 plant-based magazine by subscribing today!