Serves 6 to 8
What you need:
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cup peeled, diced apple
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- l/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 to 4 tablespoons maple syrup, or to taste
What you do:
- Place all the ingredients except the syrup in a deep saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook over low heat with the lid slightly ajar for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the liquid is mostly absorbed. Add syrup to taste and simmer uncovered for another 5 to 10 minutes, until thickened.
- Let the chutney cool to room temperature, before serving. If making ahead of time, store in a clean quart jar, tightly covered but not sealed. Refrigerate until needed. Before serving, bring to room temperature.