Makes 6 wraps
What you need:
- 1 pound firm tofu, patted dry
- 1/2 cup soy mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas (any variety)
- Lettuce leaves
- Sliced Roma tomatoes
What you do:
- Wrap the block of tofu in a clean, lint-free towel, place in a colander, and balance a large plate over the top of it. Place a large can or something very heavy on top of the plate and leave the tofu to sit for 30 minutes (be sure to put the colander in the sink or place a bowl beneath it to catch the excess water).
- Using your fingers, crumble the pressed tofu into a bowl. Add the soy mayonnaise, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, turmeric, and pepper, and stir well to thoroughly coat the tofu. Add the carrots, red pepper, celery, green onions, and parsley, and stir well to combine. Cover and chill for 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend. The color will turn more yellow as it chills.
- To assemble, place a tortilla on a cutting board or large plate and center a lettuce leaf. Spread approximately 1/2 cup of the salad mixture on the lettuce and top with a few slices of tomato, keeping them in the top center half of the tortilla. Fold the bottom of the tortilla toward the center slightly over the tomatoes, then the right side, followed by the left to enclose the filling, and secure the end with a toothpick. Repeat the procedure with the remaining ingredients. Serve immediately or wrap them tightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
Subscribe now to the world’s #1