What you need:
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 pound firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 teaspoon each basil and oregano
- 1 15-ounce can condensed tomato soup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
What you do:
- Cut washed and scrubbed potatoes into 1-inch cubes, and steam for 15 to 20 minutes until tender. Mash potatoes, and add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Warm olive oil in large sauté pan. Add chopped onions and garlic, and heat until onions are translucent. Mash tofu and add to sauté pan. Continue cooking on medium-high heat for 4 or 5 minutes. Add peas, basil and oregano. Continue sautéing for one or two more minutes. Set aside.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch casserole dish. Spread tofu hash as the first layer; then, spread the tomato soup, and finally, the mashed potatoes. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
Love vegan food and cooking as much as we do?
Get the BEST, editor-tested recipes inside every issue of VegNews Magazine. Find out why VegNews is the world’s #1 plant-based magazine by subscribing today!