What you need:
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 pound firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 teaspoon each basil and oregano
- 1 15-ounce can condensed tomato soup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
What you do:
- Cut washed and scrubbed potatoes into 1-inch cubes, and steam for 15 to 20 minutes until tender. Mash potatoes, and add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Warm olive oil in large sauté pan. Add chopped onions and garlic, and heat until onions are translucent. Mash tofu and add to sauté pan. Continue cooking on medium-high heat for 4 or 5 minutes. Add peas, basil and oregano. Continue sautéing for one or two more minutes. Set aside.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch casserole dish. Spread tofu hash as the first layer; then, spread the tomato soup, and finally, the mashed potatoes. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
Subscribe now to the world’s #1