What You Need for the Spicy Sweet & Sour Sauce:
- 2 cups mango, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ginger root, minced
- 1 cup Sucanat
- 4 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 2 lemons, juiced
What You Need for the Tropical Fruit Sushi:
- 8 nori sheets
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- 2 mango, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 avocado, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 cucumber, cut into long strips
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed and dried
What you do:
- Place all ingredients for sauce in a blender and pulse until puréed. Lay one sheet of nori in front of you and place two romaine leaves on top. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of sauce on top of the lettuce and top with avocado and mango slices. Place cucumber and cilantro springs on top, and roll the nori, jellyroll style, sealing the edge with a little water. Slice each roll into 8 slices and serve with additional sauce.
Love vegan food and cooking as much as we do?
Get the BEST, editor-tested recipes inside every issue of VegNews Magazine. Find out why VegNews is the world’s #1 plant-based magazine by subscribing today!