What You Need for the Spicy Sweet & Sour Sauce:
- 2 cups mango, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ginger root, minced
- 1 cup Sucanat
- 4 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 2 lemons, juiced
What You Need for the Tropical Fruit Sushi:
- 8 nori sheets
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- 2 mango, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 avocado, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 cucumber, cut into long strips
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed and dried
What you do:
- Place all ingredients for sauce in a blender and pulse until puréed. Lay one sheet of nori in front of you and place two romaine leaves on top. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of sauce on top of the lettuce and top with avocado and mango slices. Place cucumber and cilantro springs on top, and roll the nori, jellyroll style, sealing the edge with a little water. Slice each roll into 8 slices and serve with additional sauce.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!