Juicy pears and figs bake to perfection in this fruit-filled tart. Maple sugar gives it just the right amount of sweetness—not too overpowering.
What you need:
- 1 9-inch tart shell, pre-baked
- 1 pound small ripe figs, stemmed and halved
- 1/2 pound ripe Bosc pears, stemmed and cut into 1/3-inch thick slices
- 1 teaspoon maple sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Around the outer edge of the tart shell, arrange the figs in a circle, being careful not to break them. Arrange the sliced pears, overlapping them slightly, inside the circle of figs. Sprinkle with maple sugar and bake until the fruit is cooked, about 35 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat maple syrup, lemon juice and orange juice. Brush the warm syrup over the fruit and serve. If feeling especially inspired, you can top the tart with a vegan pastry cream or vanilla ice cream.
Subscribe now to the world’s #1