There’s nothing quite like a hearty bowl of soup. Quick and delicious, this soup from Jennifer Raymond’s The Peaceful Palate is sure please. Use organic canned tomatoes to make the preparation faster.
What you need:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped
- 1 potato, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cups water or vegetable stock
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
What you do:
- Heat the oil in a large pot and sauté the onion until soft, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic, tomatoes, cabbage, potato, parsley, water or stock, garbanzo beans, paprika, and black pepper. Simmer until the potato and cabbage are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Ladle approximately 3 cups of the soup into a blender. Starting on a low speed, blend until smooth, making sure to hold the lid on tightly. Return the blended soup to the pot and stir to mix, adding salt to taste.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!