What You Need:
For the filling:
4 ounces vegan cream cheese
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
salt and pepper, to taste
2 to 3 teaspoons olive oil
1 tablespoon vegan Parmesan
1/2 cup vegan mozzarella cheese
1 teaspoon olive oil, for boiling water
pinch salt, for boiling water
For the dough:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup semolina flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup water
What You Do:
1. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, oregano, basil, garlic powder, parsley, salt, pepper, and olive oil. In a separate bowl, mash the parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Add the cheese mixture to the cream cheese mixture and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour, semolina flour, and salt. On a clean counter space, create a mound with the flour mixture, and then create a well in the center of the dough. In the well, pour olive oil and water. Slowly combine and knead dough until smooth.
3. With a floured rolling pin, roll out the pasta dough until slightly thin. Using either a small round cookie cutter or the opening of a glass cup, create circles in dough.
4. Using a spoon, place 1 teaspoon of the tortellini mixture in the center of each of the circles. Fold over and seal with water. Take the stuffed side of the tortellini and place it against the back of your finger. Push down to create a ring around your finger to create a tortellini shape.
5. In a medium pot over high heat, bring water to a boil. Add salt and olive oil. Cook tortellini until they float (only a few minutes), then leave in the pot for one more minute, making sure the tortellini do not stick together. Remove tortellini with a slotted spoon. Serve immediately.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!