This quick, satisfying dinner is prime weeknight fare. Roast the tomatoes while the laundry’s going, boil the pasta while reading your favorite blogs, and then purée the pesto at the last minute for a speedy supper.
What you need:
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 bunches fresh cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- 3 cups pine nuts, toasted and divided
- 1/2 cup lime juice, divided
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Freshly grated lime zest
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black bepper, to taste
- 2 pounds fusilli pasta
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On oiled baking sheet, place cherry tomatoes cut-side up and sprinkle with salt. Roast for 45 minutes or until browned. Check every 15 minutes or so to make sure tomatoes are not sticking to pan (shake pan to eliminate sticking).
- In a blender, purée cilantro, 1-1/2 cups pine nuts, and 1/4 cup lime juice. Take top off blender and slowly drizzle in olive oil until desired consistency is reached. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook fusilli until tender. Drain pasta and toss with pesto, remaining 1-1/2 cup pine nuts and remaining 1/4 cup lime juice, lime zest, roasted tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
Love vegan food and cooking as much as we do?
Get the BEST, editor-tested recipes inside every issue of VegNews Magazine. Find out why VegNews is the world’s #1 plant-based magazine by subscribing today!