workers

Tyson Workers Sickened

Poisonous gas hospitalizes 10 workers at a chicken processing plant.


Share this

On June 27, 10 workers were hospitalized in Springdale, Ark., following a release of chlorine gas at a Tyson chicken processing plant. In total, 172 workers were taken to local hospitals to be examined after an accidental mixture of chemicals resulted in the poisonous, and potentially fatal, gas. In addition to the suffering of non-human animals exacted by the world’s largest meat producer, this is not the first time that human workers have been harmed by Tyson. In early June, a 48-year-old worker at a feed mill in Nashville, Ark., was crushed to death under a fallen grain silo. 

Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!

Subscribe