Traffic Jam: The Week Ending April 5
This week, the VN editors give you the best of the internet—four links (and one tweet!) at a time.
April 5, 2012
1. Sunday might be National Baked Ham with Pineapple Day (really), but we’d rather have this Hawaiian Veggie Burger any day. Just look at the vegan ranch! Oh, it’s just too much.
2. OK, so maybe we’re a little late to the party, but have you heard about Punchfork? It’s this website that accumulates recipes from all over the web, and it has vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free filters. Who needs cookbooks? (OK, we do, but this is like cookbooks’ cute younger brother/sister.)
3. Happy opening week for the 2012 MLB season! Did I lose you just then? Well, let me bring you back with Wrigley Field’s brand-new vegan Sloppy Jane.
4. The Spork Foods sisters recently shared their top eight vegan kitchen tools with LA Weekly. Included? A Vitamix (and rightfully so).
5. And for our Tweet of the Week, the Humane Society for the United States’ Paul Shapiro shares a new NY Times opinion piece and reminds us why we don’t eat meat in only 140 characters: “‘Poultry are routinely fed active ingredients of Tylenol & Benadryl, banned antibiotics and even arsenic.’ http://nyti.ms/Hpwfwd via @nytimes”—@pshapiro