Makes 4 burgers
What you need:
- 1 14-ounce package Gimme Lean beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons port wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 4 burger buns
What you do:
- In a medium bowl, combine vegan beef, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, soy sauce, port, oregano, and basil until well combined. Form mixture into 4 patties.
- In a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Cook burgers until browned, about 4 minutes, then flip and cook an additional 4 minutes. Top with tomato and avocado slices and serve on buns.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!