Whether it was the best cities across the US or hacks to dairy-free Starbucks drinks, VegNews’ readers couldn’t get enough of veganism—all facets of it—in 2016. In honor of the vegan lifestyle becoming more popular than ever this year, we’ve compiled a list of the 15 most-read features on VegNews.com so that we can look back at all that’s been accomplished—and look forward to even more to come in 2017.
1. Vegan Baking Substitution Guide
VegNews readers had their ovens in overdrive in 2016, as our ultimate how-to guide on cruelty-free swaps topped the list this year.
2. 10 (Mouthwatering) Vegan Frappuccinos at Starbucks
2016 was the hottest year on record and vegans wanted to cool down just like everyone else. Our vegan Frappuccino hacks were just the way to do it.
3. 11 Stellar Vegan Jackfruit Recipes
From mu shu lettuce wraps to mint smoothies, there wasn’t anything we wouldn’t add this Southeast Asian fruit to this year.
4. 10 Surprising Animal Ingredients Lurking on Store Shelves
Confectioner’s glaze, L-cysteine, and lactic acid—VegNews readers found out exactly why they should double-check for these innocuous-sounding ingredients in their cupboards.
5. 12 Best Towns for Vegan Living
Forget Portland, Austin, and Los Angeles—the real vegan gems are in Maine, Kansas, and North Carolina.
6. The Three-Day Detox Plan Anyone Can Do
Looking to jumpstart your 2017? This plant-based plan got plenty of folks off the the right start this year.
7. 12 Surprising Vegan Meals at Fast-Food Restaurants
Did you know that with a little ingenuity and menu know-how, you could score solid vegan meals at Dunkin’ Donuts, Domino’s, and—yes—even McDonald’s?
8. 25 Best Vegan Food Finds at Target
There are vegan treasures to be found all throughout the red-and-white superstore, and VegNews readers knew exactly where to find them thanks to our handy guide.
9. 5 Must-Have Vegan Starbucks Snacks (+Drink Pairings)
Our resident Vegan Barista cracks the top 15 again with this guide to all things snacks at the world’s largest coffee chain.
10. The VegNews Guide to Vegan Halloween Candy
Peanut butter cups, fruity chews, caramels and more—if it’s vegan we told you about it in our annual guide to Halloween candy.
11. 5 Ways Being Vegan Saves the Planet
We always knew vegans were superheroes, but the number 11 story of 2016 confirms why!
12. 6 Tips for Losing Weight on a Vegan Diet
Aside from keeping our consciences clean, a whole-foods, plant-based diet can also help keep us trim. Win-win!
13. 10 Totally Veganized Holiday Starbucks Drinks
With hacks to drinks such as Vegan Caramel Brulée Lattes, Peppermint Hot Chocolates, and Holiday Spice Flat Whites, is it any wonder VegNews readers flocked to this list?
14. The VegNews Guide to Vegan Chocolate
No surprises here—who doesn’t love chocolate? (Especially when it’s creamy, dreamy, and dairy-free!)
15. 7 Vegan Starbucks Drinks Just in Time for Fall
Noticing a trend here?
Love the plant-based lifestyle as much as we do?
Get the BEST vegan recipes, travel, celebrity interviews, product picks, and so much more inside every issue of VegNews Magazine. Find out why VegNews is the world’s #1 plant-based magazine by subscribing today!