Looking for a little sophistication in your home-cooked meals? If so, look no further than our recipe for broccoli leek quiche. By combining lemon, leeks, broccoli, and nutritional yeast, we’ve created a dish that’s slightly sour with the perfect hint of cheesiness. Even better? This meal can can be enjoyed either hot or cold and is made with minimal effort.
What you need:
For the filling:
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 leek, finely chopped
⅓ cup broccoli, finely chopped
1 cup peanut flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 lemon juice
½ cup soy milk
For the toppings:
1 ⅓ cups small-head broccoli, chopped
1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
⅓ cup leeks, finely chopped
What you do:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. For the pie crust, into a large pie pan, pour 1 teaspoon walnut oil.
3. Into a large bowl, stir remaining crust ingredients and mix until crumbly. Into the pie pan, place the mixture and press with a spoon. Set aside.
4. For the filling, into a food processor, place filling ingredients, and mix on high until mixture is smooth. Pour the mixture onto the crust and flatten.
5. Garnish with broccoli pieces, chives, and leek slices, bake for approximately 30 minutes, and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Photo courtesy of Nazlı Günaydın