The perfect vegan biscuit should be light and airy, fluffy and flaky, and have an outer crust with a satisfying bite. To achieve these aims, we’re bringing you a simple and fun recipe that can be made by all levels of cooks. Sprinkle with any topping or smother them with jam to jazz them up.
What you need:
6 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 tablespoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
½ cup canola oil
2 cups rice milk
What you do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a sheet tray with parchment and set aside.
3. Into a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Into a separate bowl, mix oil, and rice milk until just combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and combine with hands. Do not overmix.
4. Using a medium-sized ice cream scooper, form each biscuit and place on lined sheet tray.
5. Cook for 20 minutes, turning the tray after 10 minutes. Biscuits should have a light, golden brown color.
Photo courtesy of Michelle Siriani
Love vegan food and cooking
Get the BEST, editor-tested recipes inside every issue of