Not Your Grandmother’s Potato Salad
Potatoes get top billing in this warm salad, but the kale and carrots provide a big helping of nutrients along with their color and flavor.
November 5, 2009
What you need:
- 2 medium red potatoes, washed and cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled, washed and sliced into thin rounds
- 2 cups kale, washed and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, washed and sliced into crescents
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon prepared Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
What you do:
- Steam the potatoes for 7 minutes. Add the carrots and steam for an additional 3 minutes. Add the kale and steam for 1 minute more. Remove from heat.
- Toss the steamed vegetables in a large bowl with the celery, capers, mustard and balsamic vinegar. Add salt and black pepper to taste.