What you need:
- 3 tablespoons quinoa, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons barley, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons millet, uncooked
- 1/4 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup chopped dried mixed fruit (unsulfered and unsweetened)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
What you do:
- Combine grains, dried fruit, sea salt, and cinnamon in a crock pot. Mix well and stir in water and vanilla. Cover and cook 6 to 8 hours on low setting.
- When fully cooked, stir gently and add more water if desired. Serve hot, drizzled with maple syrup, brown rice syrup, or agave nectar.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!