What you need:
- 3 tablespoons quinoa, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons barley, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons millet, uncooked
- 1/4 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup chopped dried mixed fruit (unsulfered and unsweetened)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
What you do:
- Combine grains, dried fruit, sea salt, and cinnamon in a crock pot. Mix well and stir in water and vanilla. Cover and cook 6 to 8 hours on low setting.
- When fully cooked, stir gently and add more water if desired. Serve hot, drizzled with maple syrup, brown rice syrup, or agave nectar.
Love vegan food and cooking as much as we do?
Get the BEST, editor-tested recipes inside every issue of VegNews Magazine. Find out why VegNews is the world’s #1 plant-based magazine by subscribing today!