What you need:
- 1 16- to 18-ounce polenta tube
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1⁄2 tablespoons fine cornmeal
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped rosemary
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Peel the thin coating off the polenta (a vegetable peeler works great), and trim into a rectangular shape. Cut in half lengthwise, and then slice into thin strips, each roughly 1⁄3-inch thick.
- Gently toss polenta in the olive oil, and then dredge in cornmeal. Place on prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and rosemary. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, turning once or twice, until lightly browned. The fries will get crispier and chewier once they cool. Serve with dips, ketchup or seasoned vinegar.