Serves 10 to 12 as a condiment
What you need:
- 1 12-ounce package fresh cranberries, trimmed
- 1 cup cranberry juice cocktail, or a cranberry and juice mix (like cran-apple)
- 1/2 cup sugar, turbinado sugar, or Sucanat
What you do:
- Combine the ingredients in a large, heavy, non-aluminum saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn the heat to medium and cook about 10 minutes, or until the cranberries have popped open. Skim off any foam.
- Cool and place in a serving dish. Cover and refrigerate until serving time. You may substitute 1 cup maple syrup for the sugar or add 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!