What You Need For The Crust:
- 2 cups raw almonds or pecans
- 3/4 cup pitted dates
What You Need For The Filling:
- 5 cups sliced ripe strawberries
- 5 pitted dates, soaked 10 minutes in warm water and drained
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons psyllium (optional)
What you do:
- Grind the almonds in a food processor. Add the 3/4 cup dates and process until thoroughly combined. Press the mixture into a pie plate or spring form pan.
- Arrange 4 cups of the sliced strawberries on top of the crust in a circular pattern and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the remaining cup of strawberries with the 5 dates, lemon juice and psyllium, if using. Puree until smooth. Pour the sauce mixture over strawberries and refrigerate pie for 1 hour before serving.
Want more of today’s best plant-based news, recipes, and lifestyle?
Get our award-winning magazine!