Serves 6 to 8
What you need:
- 8 ounces white mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 hot cherry peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove the stems from the mushrooms and set the caps aside. Chop the mushroom stems and set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushroom caps and cook for 2 minutes to soften slightly. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Return pan to the heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the reserved mushroom stems, cherry peppers, bread crumbs, sugar, raisins, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 2 minutes, mixing well. Add more oil if necessary for the stuffing to hold together.
- Fill the mushrooms with the stuffing mixture and arrange on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Drizzle with any remaining oil, and bake until the mushrooms are soft and the tops are lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Serve hot.
Love vegan food and cooking as much as we do?
Get the BEST editor-tested recipes inside every issue of VegNews Magazine. Find out why VegNews is the world’s #1 plant-based magazine by subscribing today!