Serves 6 to 8
What you need:
- 8 ounces white mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 hot cherry peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove the stems from the mushrooms and set the caps aside. Chop the mushroom stems and set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushroom caps and cook for 2 minutes to soften slightly. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Return pan to the heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the reserved mushroom stems, cherry peppers, bread crumbs, sugar, raisins, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 2 minutes, mixing well. Add more oil if necessary for the stuffing to hold together.
- Fill the mushrooms with the stuffing mixture and arrange on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Drizzle with any remaining oil, and bake until the mushrooms are soft and the tops are lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Serve hot.