Makes one pie
What you need:
- 1/2 cup vanilla soy creamer
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 pound (16 ounces) firm silken tofu
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
What you do:
- Coat 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. In a small pan over low heat, heat soy creamer until hot, but not boiling. Add chocolate chips slowly and stir until melted. Stir in coconut. Pour into prepared pie plate, smooth out to form a crust, and refrigerate until hard.
- While crust is in the refrigerator, prepare the filling. Place tofu in a food processor and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of bowl as necessary. Add sugar and coconut extract.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave or double boiler. Pour melted chocolate into food processor and process until combined. Stir coconut in by hand. Pour into prepared pie crust. Sprinkle with more coconut if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve (at least 8 hours).