Makes 3 cups
What you need:
- 3 cups apple cider
- 1 cup pure unsweetened cranberry juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 5 to 6 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cardamom (or 1/4 teaspoon ground)
- 1 teaspoon orange rind
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (or to taste)
- Additional cinnamon sticks for garnish
What you do:
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the apple cider, cranberry juice, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom, and orange rind. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes, uncovered.
- Strain cider mixture into a bowl or pitcher, and add agave nectar. Pour into mugs and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
Love vegan food and cooking as much as we do?
Get the BEST, editor-tested recipes inside every issue of VegNews Magazine. Find out why VegNews is the world’s #1 plant-based magazine by subscribing today!