What you need:
- 2 cups vegetable stock or water
- 2-1/2 tablespoons tamari or other soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves, or
- 1/2 teaspoon dried
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon Gravy Master browning sauce
What you do:
- In a small saucepan, combine the stock, tamari, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, whisk in the cornstarch mixture, and boil, whisking, until the sauce thickens, about 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the soymilk; do not allow to boil. Stir in the Gravy Master. Taste to adjust the seasonings. Serve hot.