What you need:
- 1 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon mirin or water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
What you do:
- Steam the green beans just until tender, about 5 minutes. Rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, tamari, sesame oil, mirin (or water), and sugar and set aside.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the reserved beans in batches and stir-fry for 30 seconds, transferring the cooked beans to a platter.
- When all the beans have been cooked, add the garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes to the same pan and stir-fry for 10 seconds. Return the beans to the pan and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the reserved peanut butter mixture and stir-fry until the beans are hot and coated with the sauce, about 30 seconds.
Love vegan food and cooking
Get the BEST, editor-tested recipes inside every issue of